Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
newt38

newt38

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One... Empty
PostSubject: Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One...   Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One... EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B8L345S

New Author and first novel saga....I would love feedback and reviews!
Here is a small sample not available in the extended one can be downloaded via the link:

I found a space and parked the cruiser; turning off the engine which I think surprised her in wondering why I had done so. I wasn’t about to let her walk in there on her own especially considering her bad ankle. Who would stop or question me? I was an officer with a badge and a gun.
She moved to open the passenger side door but I spoke first.
“Wait, I still want to know what really happened to your face.” I said to her and she turned to face me in surprise.
I figured I’d take another shot at the question and getting the truth now since we had broken the ice per se.
I heard her sigh. “You wouldn’t believe me. No one would so what does it matter?” She then said softly.
It was my turn to look at her with my full attention now and I fixated her with a serious look that I hoped conveyed to her that I was listening and that I would believe her because I already knew anyway.
I turned on the overhead light so she could see me better and she looked away for a moment in thought.
“Try me.” I then said.
She paused then shook her head no.
“It…was a freak thing.” She then said as if she didn’t want to give me the truth just yet.
“I’m listening.” I replied.
She looked up at me and closed her eyes for a minute.
The shape of her face was like a perfect doll and I hated that ugly bruising that spoiled her perfect pout.
She sat back against the seat for a while and we both sat in silence as I waited for her to speak.
“In my experiences, I’ve seen the ugliest sides of humanity at its worst and horrors that you could never even begin to imagine. I’ve always managed to keep an open mind, I’ve had to. Anyone in this world would be a fool not to, so don’t think that anything you want to tell me will seem…silly, unbelievable or ridiculous.” I then told her to give her an opening.
She looked over at me then and eyed me.
“Don’t be so sure about that. What horrors are you talking about?” She asked with interest. Her pretty eyes were brightening and seemed more alert once again.
I smiled. “Let’s just say that there is very little that would or could ever shock or surprise me.” I then said.
She paused for a moment.
“Do you believe that there’s more in this world around us… than meets the eye? Like other-worldly forces?” She then asked.
“Other-worldly? Like Aliens? Ghosts?” I said on purpose, wanting her to come right out and say the word… even though it agitated the mere surface of my skin and ears to simply hear that misnomer in regards to myself and those in my legion.
She sighed and chuckled a bit. “No, not ghosts or Aliens. Other things like the forces of good and evil.” She then went on to say.
I nodded. “I’ve always believed that.” I carefully told her.
She seemed surprised at my response which was a good thing.
She then smiled and nodded as she glanced out of the window towards her apartment.
“Well, I’ll leave it at that then, for now. I’m on the verge of crashing again so I don’t really wanna get into anything heavy.” She then said as she stifled a yawn and opened the car door.
I couldn’t believe she was going to leave it at that or was she implying she’d like to see me again? Should I take a chance and ask her out anyway?
I opened my door just then as well and I didn’t wait for her to protest, feeling she was about to as I got out and came around to help her.
She stepped out and gathered her things.
Back to top Go down
http://susanreid.webs.com/
newt38

newt38

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One...   Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One... EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1121880
Back to top Go down
http://susanreid.webs.com/

Link to Divinity the Gathering Book One...
Page 1 of 1