Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Writing Makes You Fat

Go down 
+5
joefrank
alj
dkchristi
alice
LC
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 pm

I am five foot one. I eat supper. I do not eat any other meal. I am not hungry. If I ate three meals a day, I could be about twice what I weigh. It is not for fear of weight gain that I do not eat. It is my habit not to eat but one meal a day and that is in the evening.

I also hardly ever go out to eat....pizza, hamburgers, deli...any of that out of my house eating is not what I can do. To go out to eat involves traveling 30 miles just to get to a McDonalds or some such place. If ever I do go, my intestines suffer the next day because of the fats.

My innards are so unaccustomed to eating out that I suffer.

Davis is calling me,,,,Off I go.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:00 pm

I do that one meal a day thing more often as I get older. My body doesn't seem to need nearly as much food to sustain itself these days.

That's why I am ending the day with a healthy bit of lagniappe (Cajun for "a little extra," and one of their names for a light dessert.)

I'm finishing of the last bit of a bottle of cab with a few bite-size pieces of a very dark chocolate.

Which is fine because dinner was a frozen Atkin's entree: Chipotle Beef Merlot with pureed sweet potatoes, along with an arugula salad with a splash of balsamic vinaigrette.

Feeling a touch of bliss, without an ounce of guilt to go with. drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 am

"Full figured" here is a euphemism for fat. Those mannequins look average size to me, maybe size 10 or 12. It's a good idea. Maybe people will waste less time trying things on that are displayed on size 0 mannequins, and can only be worn by size 0 mannequins.

Holding steady at 9 lbs, got a refill on the pills, going to give them one more month!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am

No matter how thin, my figure was always curvy, the hourglass type. Now it has more sand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 am

Down 11 lbs!!! And that's with four big pieces of Easter chocolate, lol. 9 more to go.

Amazing what just 11 lbs does. My clothes are loose and my rings fit again.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 am

Was just thinking, LC. You could stretch that last prescription out if you were to skip a day occasionally - then later maybe two days, etc. That way, you could have some of the effect for a longer time, but not have to worry about possible withdrawal.

(I quit smoking using the "step down" patches and it worked really well.)
Just a thought.

Annie
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 am

Ann, that's a great idea. However, knowing me, I will probably ask him for a third month of pills, the max he gives. LOL.

Have you ever tried OTC appetite suppression pills from GNC or similar places? I'm wondering how good those are.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am

How goes it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Holding steady at 11, can't seem to go lower. Unless I pledge to eat less? Smile
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Are you still on the pills?
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Yes, but this is just the 2nd month. My doc said that the most impressive gain is the first month, and after that less so. Looks like he was right!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Plateaus happen. They are even a good thing in the long run. They allow your system to readjust so that you will be less likely to gain the weight back. Keep on hanging on.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Keep at it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Is it mind over matter?
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Is it mind over matter?

I used to have a First Sergeant that used to say that all the time. "It's mind over matter...I don't mind and you don't matter!"
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 am

Funny, Don. I didn't mean it that way. I know it takes will-power to overcome habits we want to break, and that is what I meant by mind over matter.
I think LC has made great progress in doing what she wants to do.
As we grow older, many tell us what we should or should not eat, what we should or should not do. I don't buy into that. As I get older I intend to do the things that make me happy in my remaining year(s).
That's just me of course.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Funny, Don. I didn't mean it that way. I know it takes will-power to overcome habits we want to break, and that is what I meant by mind over matter.
I think LC has made great progress in doing what she wants to do.
As we grow older, many tell us what we should or should not eat, what we should or should not do. I don't buy into that. As I get older I intend to do the things that make me happy in my remaining year(s).
That's just me of course.

Might as well. Some of the people who fuss the most over what to eat and how to exercise, die the soonest. Each to his own way. There are people with perfect cholesterol levels who have heart attacks too.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 am

Down 12 lbs, taking the pills every two days... slow but steady wins the race! Or something. Am really enjoying the new habit of a swim and the hot tub at the fitness center each night. I go around 9 pm, stay until 11pm. Looking forward to the summer, when I'll go even later, come back and work on the book, and sleep in (it's open 24 hrs).
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 am

Good work! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing through this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing Makes You Fat   Writing Makes You Fat - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing Makes You Fat
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3