Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

To Beirut and Back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 5:54 am

To Beirut and Back is a story about the author’s entrepreneurial pursuits that took him to Beirut, Lebanon. He got caught up in Lebanon’s civil war that led to his abduction and financial disaster. He departed Lebanon when the civil war’s 27th cease-fire failed to hold. Trying to recoup his losses, he returned one year later and was hailed as “The First American Back” by a British journalist. His travels throughout the M.E. region reveals the difficulties encountered by westerners doing business in that region along with misconceptions associated with their culture. His firsthand exposure to participants in the perpetual M.E. struggle caused a dramatic change in attitude.

Author: Abe F. March
ISBN: 1-4241-3853-1
http://www.freewebs.com/abemarch
To Beirut and Back 1424138531
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 5:54 pm

It sounds as though you have led a fast paced and interesting life, Abe. It would also seem your book would be enlightening and help bring some understanding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks Zada. Those who have read it found it to be enlightening.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 am

Just changed my Avatar, temporarily. This was a photo taken by a British Journalist who did a story on me as "First American Back in Beirut" in 1976. I'm pointing to the large gaping hole in my office building. This part of me is cropped from the larger picture.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:54 am

As one who has read Abe's story, I did find it enlightening and compelling. I highly recommend it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Just me

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:01 am

Your book, To Beirut and Back will one day make the best seller list. It may take years, but it will make it.

Domenic
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:24 am

Domenic, your confidence has brightened my day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Beirut and Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Beirut and Back   To Beirut and Back Empty

Back to top Go down

To Beirut and Back
Page 1 of 1