Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news Empty
PostSubject: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 pm

www.swspotlight.com/author/dk_christi has five articles by D. K. Christi in the December issue. The magazine is now printing twice a month - so my role writing articles is growing also. I'm having a great time with the challenge of a vast array of topics and people to interview. My life is broadened by the experience. If you get a chance, I'd love to have you read an article or two and comment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 pm

12/1/2012

DK....

" Congratulations"

Cheers..Joe...D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news 973110
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm

First I wrote a book. Then I wrote a second book. Then I wrote a letter to the editor of the SWSpotlight about the Y closing with my email that has the ghost orchid info in the signature.
The newspaper asked me to write about the ghost orchid.
Then they asked me to write more - and more - and it continues.

Therefore, it all started with Arirang: The Bamboo Connection with PA. One thing leads to another. Usually, journalists want to write books. In this case, I became a journalist because I wrote a book.

All in all, it's quite fun. Maybe it will lead to something else. Right now I make more from the articles in the newspaper than from royalties though they add up together to make life a bit more comfortable and I'm grateful.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:25 pm

DK. I think you are doing the right thing by "going with the flow". Whatever works, do it.
I think that many decide what is the right direction and then struggle with the flow - the mechanics. We have seen so many trying to follow the direction that others have taken thinking that it must be the right thing to do. They post what they're doing and others follow that lead. Too often it is the blind leading the blind. I fell into that trap of trying any and everything others have tried, going down the same road of failure. I can't speak of success in my own book promotion. I admit that I have struggled with it primarily because I was fighting the "self-promotion" idea. Personally, I find it repugnant. Fighting it has not been constructive. Whatever feels right usually is beneficial and I like to compare it to "going with the flow" meaning the flow that feels right.
Keep in mind these comments are just my own and not to be construed as right. I have not the record to claim knowing a "right way". I do what I feel is right for me and sometimes that is simply doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 am

12/2/2012

Several years ago I wrote a graden column , the one

who owned the paper was a former PA Author in the

mid-west, after three years he sold the paper and the

new owner put someone else locally to write the column,

it was fun and challenging when I wrote it for 3 years...

Cheers..Joe....D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am

Maybe you could put the three year's worth of articles into an ebook on gardening?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news   D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news Empty

Back to top Go down

D. K. Christi's articles in the Southwest Spotlight news
Page 1 of 1