Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Myth in Action rights reverting soon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

A Myth in Action rights reverting soon Empty
PostSubject: A Myth in Action rights reverting soon   A Myth in Action rights reverting soon EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I pulled out my contract with Publish America this afternoon, and scrutinized it one more time.

My rights will revert to me on Feb 13 next year. The only way they could have renewed the contract would have been through a mutual written agreement, and that would have to have been completed three weeks before the date the contract was up. Since that was two weeks ago, I'm sure I am in the clear, but wonder if I should not contact them about a release letter of some sort so that a printer or publisher would know that everything was in order.

Since I am still getting royalties for the book, even at its exorbitant $25 price, I feel sure that an ebook version would be salable for a few years longer, and am wondering if a small publisher would be interested in reprinting it in paperback. I haven't checked into what would be considered successful sales under the circumstances, etc.

If nothing works out, I can always use CreateSpace or Lulu. I'm thinking the book will sell better than it has been the last couple of years.

I'm looking forward to having the publication rights, whatever happens with the book. PA did a good job for most of those seven years, but lately I've been disappointed.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: A Myth in Action rights reverting soon   A Myth in Action rights reverting soon EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Dear Ann,

Like you say, PA did a good job for us, printing-wise, but we have learned a bit since then and I consider that you are your best promotion....In fact, you have been your promotion since the publication of A Myth. I would say, let PA go and keep all the reviews, promote your own self. Easier said than done, for me, because I am not a savvy person marketingwise.

You have an excellent book to promote and a backing of the AMS.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A Myth in Action rights reverting soon   A Myth in Action rights reverting soon EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I'd send a confirmation letter that you want the rights back and have it sent with a return signature.

I need to do the same. I haven't sold any copies at their $35 price lately....

I already own my ebook rights which they gave to me early on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Myth in Action rights reverting soon   A Myth in Action rights reverting soon Empty

Back to top Go down

A Myth in Action rights reverting soon
Page 1 of 1