Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

NEW NOVEL - Hooked On The Jones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
reneetheauthor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-12

NEW NOVEL - Hooked On The Jones Empty
PostSubject: NEW NOVEL - Hooked On The Jones   NEW NOVEL - Hooked On The Jones EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Hooked On The Jones is a provocative tale that is sure to leave you hot and bothered. Before I sat down to write this book I had one thing in mind. Get the readers love juices flowing. The recipe for this book started with a young sassy female. I saw her vividly with her curves and attitude. Then I threw in an intoxicating dominant male figure. The spark between them started and I watched them work. It didn't take long for me to see their story unfold. The book that you are about to indulge in contains the very ingredients that a woman yearns for: love, passion, sex, and excitement. The characters, drama, and suspense of this book will keep you turning the pages. Check it out! (Message Me For More Details)

Chapter One Excerpt

Independence Morning

It was the morning of my independence. The progressive buzzing of the alarm clock interrupted my sleep. Snuggled underneath my down comforter, I laid motionless as I wondered what the day had in store for me. As the buzzing sound continued, I removed the comforter from over my head and crept my hand towards the alarm’s off button. Within a few seconds the room grew silent. I sat up in my bed and slid my back against the cushioned headboard. The usual sound of my niece and nephew’s grumbling voices started to fill the hallway. If it were any other day, I would have buried my head back underneath the comforter and went back to sleep. The importance of the day however, did not allow for even ten more minutes of precious slumber. The heartbeat of the day called me, so I rose from my bed and stretched my arms above my head. I knew that if I could just make it to the shower before the rest of the “too damn early in the morning syndrome” kicked in, I would be just fine. Thankfully I picked out my clothes the night before, because I could barely remember my name that morning. I walked around the dark room grasping at the air until I reached my bedroom’s doorknob. The distance from my room to my sister’s room was short. When I entered, she was standing there wide-awake with her hair twirled around her curling iron. It made me sick to see her so “put-together” at 6:30 am. There I was, barely able to muster up the strength to walk down the hall, and she had already managed to get dressed, get two children into the bathroom, and start her hair. Yuck. Show off, I thought to myself.

Chapter Six Excerpt

Have A Drink With Me

When we entered the elevator of our apartment building you could sense the attraction. He didn’t say it but his eyes would wander in my direction and then he would clear his throat. The elevator ride from the ground up to the sixth floor seemed like the longest ride ever. When the doors opened I stood there for a minute. My mind wanted to conjure up any excuse to invite him into my home.
“Mr. Jones, do you want to have a drink with me?”
I didn’t want to turn him off by my sudden advance so I told him that the drink was to celebrate landing the client. I just wanted to be close to him. I wanted to get inside his mind. The eight-hour day wasn’t enough for me to learn all that I wanted to about Mr. Jones. He looked at me and hesitated for a minute. I know the boss in him wanted to say, no. It was inappropriate. But the man in him that was staring at my dress wanted to say, hell yea. After a few minutes of his internal battle, he answered, “Sure.” He stepped out the elevator and followed me to my apartment door. I knew as well as he did, he had no business getting off of that elevator.

Back to top Go down

NEW NOVEL - Hooked On The Jones
Page 1 of 1