Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time

Go down 
+2
Shelagh
PennyDeerhill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time Empty
PostSubject: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 am

I had just gotten back home picking up my last paycheck, before I change jobs on Wednesday. I park my car, get out, talk to my neighbor. We're just chatting away, when her dog starts barking. Like "Heads up, Mom! We've got company!!!" My neighbor Juanita looks towards the bark, and what looks like (at first) a trash bag laying on the ground, starts to move. It's about 50 feet away on a gravel road. Turns out, its an elderly man who resides at the near-by nursing home. I started running (not my usual trot), cause it takes my eyes about three seconds to realize this poor old man is covered in blood, he hit his head on the ground pretty good. Juanita comes up behind me and we helped him up, I pulled my car around and we put him inside, and drove to the nursing home. I'm ringing the doorbell like the house is on fire and the nurse that answers is all calm and takes her time - I guess when I said "I've got one of your residents in my car and he's covered in blood" it was nothing to be alarmed about. Surprised Geeze if that had been MY grandpa, I hope someone would be a little more mindful at taking care of him!

I came home afterward and washed off, changed my clothes, which are now blood stained. I hope the stains never come out, because I don't want to ever forget it. All I know about him is his name is Howard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Sometimes being in the right place at the right time can be a blessing, Penny. The old man was lucky that two caring people spotted him before it was too late. omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time 846271
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm

What Shelagh said.
It reminds us that many people go the other way since they don't want to become involved. Getting involved is what much of life is about. Helping the poor, the injured and the handicapped is something of concern for us all. Seniors are especially vulnerable when they are in a helpless state and that includes some of the facilities where they are sent. Sometimes they are sent there by family who don't want to be bothered. So sad.

Glad that you were there to help. You may have saved a life.
Back to top Go down
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I hope he's OK. I'm going to check on him tomorrow. I hope the nursing home doesn't mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 pm

It wasn't a coincidence, Penny, your being in the right place... It's what Carl Jung would call a synchronicity. The Universe seems to know who will do the right thing.

Be proud.

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 pm

This election year has been so hateful that the beauty of the moment you shared touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I could almost sob. So many people have become callous. So much of the campaign was about people who are drains on the wealthy - needing to pay out to someone not earning their way. Every elderly person deserves dignity. Thank you for caring about this person - isn't there something about what you do for the least of these you do for me - in the religious sense.

I fell on a cobblestone sidewalk in front of a restaurant in New Orleans. My friend tried to go in to call for help and she had blood on her hands and they would not let her in the restaurant. They looked outside at me and then called the ambulance. They were not happy to be bothered with someone bleeding on the sidewalk near their restaurant; shame on me. It was their uneven cobblestone that caused me to fall!

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm

11/5/2012

Penny...

That was a beautiful deed indeed, he is fortunate to have

an Angel come and help him...God Bless You ! I have a friend I help

who has been in and out of nursing homes, he has Alzheimers, a

horrible disase, right now he's getting worse and I know deep in

my heart he'll have to sooner or later go to a nursing home, right

now he has severe Pneumonia and from what I read Alzheimers

patients usually die from Penumonia....

Cheers.......Joe.......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time   omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time Empty

Back to top Go down

omg...talk about being in the right place at the right time
Page 1 of 1