Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People

Go down 
+2
Betty Fasig
alice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People Empty
PostSubject: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 pm

I realize People are fully entitled to think and speak as they wish, but how they can be so
unfair has me baffled.

To expect Obama to fix such a mess in four years and to wish a return to the very policies
that caused our disaster is so imprudent.

Colin Powell even said Romney lacks judgement in foreign affairs.

Scary!

I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People 798629 I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People 798629 I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People 798629 I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People 798629 I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People 798629
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Dear Alice,

This night, from 7:00 until right now, 8:12, every ten minutes, the TV has played Romney's crap. You know, it is scary. I really had more faith in the intelligence of people. I hope I am not mistaken. This week, every day in the mail I have gotten glossy 14 x 8 lies in my mail from the Romney people. Both Sides! I imagine that is what money can buy. I also imagine that my mail carrier will be glad when the election is over. Smile

I see very few signs and the ones I do see are from big farmers, people who make more than 200,000 a year. But here in Florida, there are a lot of people who have nothing and work every day just to keep going that week. There are a lot of Mexican people who work their behinds off every day for 5.00 an hour. I do hope that these people will vote. I have faith in the brown, black, and poor white people of this state. We outnumber the rich farmers and the rich bankers and thie people who come here from up north to lay around in the sun in the winter.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Today I had a personal experience with how difficult it is to register and how hard it is to vote if you do not have an automobile.

I received my vote by mail ballot this morning and wanted to mail it today. I had no stamps. I had no car. So, I decided to walk. It took me one hour to walk to the post office that is 5 minutes by car, in wind and dust It was a miserable walk. Then it took me another hour to walk back home.

Many people who would vote democrat do not have cars or the money for transportation. I didn't have the money for transportation. I did see a bus; but it was in the middle of my walk each way and I was nowhere near the one bus stop in the whole distance.

Those people who have made registration and voting more difficult, forcing people to travel distances to get the right documentation and all the trouble that entails, they should try it without transportation. I had a miserable afternoon - and the whole afternoon was shot.

Many hispanics in our area do not drive; they ride bicycles. Hopefully they will ride their bicycles to early voting.

It was especially disheartening when I listened to a respected republican who worked for Colin Powel say: the competence of President Obama is without question. The issue is the blatant racism in the republican party today. The republicans do not want a black president and will vote in a person who never tells the truth because all that matters is getting Romney elected so a black person is no longer president. He was very damning of the republican party as full of racists which is why Sununu could say what he did and explains all the hate mongering. Every one knows it is impossible for Romney to tell the truth about anything and get elected because President Obama is competent and has taken the country in the right direction. Therefore, Romney must lie to get into the White House. Those who plan to vote for Romney don't care that he's lying - he's acceptable and he's white.

I've said as much, but thought if people knew he was lying, if I pointed it out at every juncture that people really wouldn't want a lying candidate whose only truth is his position to destroy women's rights in equal pay, equal cost for insurance and their choices for their health care.

In fact, Romney sounds more like President Obama every time he speaks because President Obama has the right stuff; Romney just has the right color with claims now to put in place all that President Obama has already started. No wonder this campaign feels surreal. Romney is morphing into a dangerous version of President Obama without President Obama's four years of experience by fire.

It's one thing to have two competent people running for president, it's another when the issue is one of race, not competence; and Romney is lying his way with complicit voters who like his color and don't care what he does just so he's elected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:08 pm

10/26/2012

DK....

If your living in a Fl. where is yor car ?

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:40 pm

My car is in use by someone who needs it more than me at the moment; however, I forgot how difficult it is to get to "close" places that are not so close on foot....
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:39 am

The IQ of too many Americans has fallen dramatically
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:11 am

Has their's actually fallen or does it just seem so because so many American's have started to see in a new way?

Is the glass half-empty or half full.

The groups that control the media would like for us to think that most Americans still see the world in the old way. If they were to pull that off, it might sway enough middle-way voters to slow the process down by getting their candidates elected. They create the news and manipulate the polls in an attempt to manipulate the people.

I personally believe that Obama will be re-elected. I have been wrong before, of course, but the world has always continued its own path regardless, and if you take time to look back, that path has generally led us forward. I don't see it going backward very far or for very long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:40 am

I don't think people are becoming "more stupid" I think they are becoming more mentally lazy. They want others to do their thinking for them. They want to believe in what the candidate says especially if he is rich. There are those who feel that if the person is rich, he must know what he's doing. They fail to consider that the wealth may have been obtained by fraud and at the detriment of people just like themselves. One thing we will never forget is how GWB got elected by using Reagan's tactics. He used the church and the word "God" often and that gave him credibility in the eyes of many. Even when he faileld to live up to his promises and squandered their money, they still voted for him the second time. The scenario is playing again with a political ploy that has worked in the past. Just tell the people that you are a God-fearing person and that you are a Christian and that makes you a good person. My response to that is CRAP! When I became an entrepreneur, the biggest screwing I ever got was from a businessman who said he was a Christian and that I should "Trust him". When I hear the word "Trust Me" because I'm a Christian, I see red flashing lights that say, "F - U."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 am

Ann,

I hope you are right.

Abe,

I am so sorry.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 am

Yes, I have been trapped by the "Christian"label myself. Recently a Jehovah Witness lawn maintenance person who talked about his beliefs stole $20 from me. I fired him; but he was not sorry and did not return my money. Of course, any profession has its skallawags, but it just seems more heinous when they stand with a "Christian" label and behave badly.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 am

DK,

Disgraceful! The more they profess and protest, the˙worse they are. God says He will forgive all sins, I believe He will forgive my vote for Obama:)
After all I did it for the good of the country.

Some Christians are so pious

Last edited by alice on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:38 am

This is not the year 2000 or 2004. More and more people, including "Christians," are seeing the light.

The more we focus on a cause for alarm, the more we contribute to bringing our fears about.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 am

Ann,

I agree that is why I quit commenting on Facebook-- it only stiffened others resolve:)
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Apparently, spewing hatred on Facebook is not an acceptable thing to do:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/denise-helms-california-woman-hopes-obama-is-assassinated_n_2104184.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Quote :
California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

Her Facebook account has since been deactivated.

Helm's supervisor, Turlock Cold Stone Creamery store director Chris Kegle, told The Bee that he was shocked to read about his employee's comments, which he said do not line up with his company's values.

"We found her comments to be very disgusting," Kegle said. "We made the decision [to fire her] because of her comments, but also the community feedback. We are very into working with the community and doing community service. So when your community does not like you because of an employee, that's bad. We have a business to run."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:24 pm

That is what disturbs me about Facebook. Anyone can say anything. I would just as soon not know every thought my friends think.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I think that Facebook has brought many opinions to the eyes of people who normally would not see what both sides purport. I know it was that way for me. I am not a person who sits in front of the tv 24/7, no matter what channel is reporting. I found the posts that E. Don and DK and Alice put on the news feed, informative. I did read the other stuff from our friend Tory and Edd, amd many other people who could not get past their religion to see that the USA is not a place that a particular religious idea should be forced down every humans neck I found that the people in Alabama, Tennessee, and most of Appalachia were staunch in their ideas that their religious dogma should be law. Thank God that is not happening.

I wonder about the intelligence of these people who cannot see past the preacher. I really do.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

After my friend called me this morning from California and told me things about Medicare that are fact-checked as definitely not true - and her husband is brilliant and believes the same - it must be some wishful thinking as ignorance is not the case with the two of them. I think it has a lot to do with fear of change; fear of the unknown; fear of a changing world. Holding onto religious ideas to the exclusion of all else provides a reason to hate whatever is in conflict with those beliefs and negate validity. It's a either or style of life: either within the religious box or should be. No exceptions. All outside the box is evil. Any change to the box allows evil in.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Yep, that pretty much sums up the situation as I see it as well.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:50 am

Ignorance and fear. Also a racial element. The "friend" I refer to did not want any discussion of politics. She was so tired of it when DK dived in to help with a reasonable fact based look at the
race. I took politics off my page for her and was rewarded with an ugly:

John Wayne has True Grit, Obama is full of S*** poster.

I think respect needs to return to return to America.

As DJS said stay away from negativity
I should be thankful to her She did me a profound favor. I wasted too much time on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People   I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People Empty

Back to top Go down

I Am Finding Myself Profoundly Horrified By People
Page 1 of 1