Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Interesting film opening next week

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Interesting film opening next week Empty
PostSubject: Interesting film opening next week   Interesting film opening next week EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

I do not plan to see this one myself, even though one of the principal characters is played by an actor whose work I admire.

However, if any of you are interested in seeing a Quentin Tarantino/ Eli Roth/hip-hop/martial arts film with the expected mount of graphic violence considering the afore mentioned genres and names, you might want to check it out.

You might understand why I'm posting about it here when you hear (or read) the plot:

In 19th century China, a forward thinking emperor has decided it would be a good idea to redistribute the wealth as a way of caring for the indigent children, who are living on the streets and starving. His efforts are being thwarted by the wealthy warlords who control the country.

A group of odd and assorted fighters band together to defeat the warlords so that the emperor can carry out his plans to help his country's poor.

Curious that TPTB decided that Friday, Nov 2 would be the ideal release date - not. It should bring an interesting group of voters to the polls - a group that just might be swayed by that concept of "taking from the rich and giving to the poor."

One member of that odd and assorted group has a name and face you might recognize. You could even call the character a cross between Robin Hood and Ben Wade ((from 3:10 to Yuma).

Remember, there is more than one way of skinning a cat.

http://www.ironfists.com/

OK, I admit, once it hits pay-per-view so I can fast forward through the blood and guts stuff, I will probably watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com

Interesting film opening next week
Page 1 of 1