Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupine Rob

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-02-27

Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel Empty
PostSubject: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:06 am

Hey guys, here's the back page blurb of my published novel 'Immortal Dreams'. I've also included a link to the opening chapter and the sites where it's available to buy.

The blurb:

Golfer Jack and Tennis player Darla set out on their paths to greatness. Having dreams bring either ecstatic joy or agonising despair. Both despise mediocrity, their journeys are ones of hope and along the way they realise that such a journey is better than any destination. Can the irresistible force of their determination overcome the immovable object of all the obstacles in their way? Every time Jack looks like getting close to his dreams something gets in his way. Injuries, loss of form, lack of belief, bouts of nerves and sometimes plain bad luck. Darla has one particularly cruel setback, the depression that follows results in her throwing herself into a hedonistic and self destructive lifestyle. Sunny is Jack's caddy and is not only useful as a great friend, but her dark past acts as a great perspective check any time Jack gets too uptight about manipulating a small white ball around a big green field. Striving for greatness and daring to dream make for a highly emotional journey, character is revealed and principles tested. It’s not about the sports, it’s about the people. Only achieving their dreams can ever make either of them truly happy.

Here's the link to the opening chapter and selling sites:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Blurb-and-opening-chapter-of-my-published-novel-Immortal-Dreams

Thanks

Rob Watson
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:19 am

Good luck with your new novel. Congratulations on the great review at Amazon.com .
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Lupine Rob

PostSubject: Re: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 am

Thanks for the good luck Christi, I've just checked out amazon, wow that sounds good, almost made me want to buy one! lol
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 am

Me too! It was a good review. There's a section on this forum to post reviews. Some people read them :-) There's another place where you can post book covers in an album, but I don't know if anyone looks at them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Lupine Rob

PostSubject: Re: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks again, I'll go and check that out now! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel   Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel Empty

Back to top Go down

Blurb and opening chapter of my published novel
Page 1 of 1