Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am

I'm so happy to find this place! I'm an author, and I'm here to learn ways to market my first published book. I'm knee-deep in the next one with more confidence, now that I learned the ropes about editing (and editing, and editing, and editing)! Laughing Thank you for making this virtual "corner" of the universe available to gather.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 am

I love the Smokey Mountains. I drive through the edges to and from Michigan twice a year - often wanting to take off on unfamiliar roads I see on the maps into the real mountain areas.

Is your book published? There are some wonderful marketing threads on this forum with lots of experience expressed. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi Penny,

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes, its published (right now at Lulu, but not for long, CreateSpace is much cheaper for the paperback wholesale bulk purchases, Lulu shipping especially was killing me). It's "My Secret: Memoirs of Love & Survival". Originally written as part of my own healing process, my mother and my friend encouraged me to make it into a book. I turned it into an e-book last February, and in September a psychiatrist named Dr. Michelle Cohen (out in LA) read it, and asked me to appear on her radio show September 21st. I worked 10 hours that day, and then did the radio show by cell phone (lol, gotta love technology) about an hour after I got off, and there was such a response from people who heard the live interview that I decided to do what I needed to do, to make it a paperback. I've had a few sales at Lulu, but a much better response here in Loudon (where I live), the local small businesses that I frequent are interested in selling the book (a tobacco store, a pharmacy, and a mercantile store). I don't know if I can input a link to my post because I'm new here. But when I can, I will be glad to share the book and radio show recording with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Congratulations on a great start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Hiya Penny,

congratulations on the super start and welcome to the forum.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890 Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890 Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890 WELCOME! Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890 Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890 Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! 591890
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!   Hello, from the Smokey Mountains! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, from the Smokey Mountains!
Page 1 of 1