Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest Empty
PostSubject: Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest   Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:41 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-pinter/why-jk-rowling-has-failed-readers_b_1923626.html?

Why J.K. Rowling Has Failed Readers: A Letter From a Concerned Fan
Jason Pinter

Quote :

Dear Mrs. Rowling,

Let me state for the record that I have not read your new novel, The Casual Vacancy, and though I have not skimmed one single page, I must be honest about the depth of your deception, lies, and skullduggery. I am writing this letter on behalf of all concerned readers (and non-readers) of your work. Their voices are mine, and mine theirs, so let me take a few moments to tell you all the ways you have failed us.
-----------------------------------------

4) Not Harry Potter
When I purchase a product, I assume, rightfully so, that it is the exact same as every other product manufactured by that company. Which is why I had to return my Samsung coffee maker when it wouldn't let me watch movies on it. So I agree with reviewer 'themagicbookmark' who says:

Quote :
Purchased this book for my Nexas 7. It's not anything I would normally choose to read. Thought it being JK Rowling, it might be a just a good "Who Done It" Mystery. WRONG! No I didn't expect it to be Harry Potter. A waste of money.

Yes! I am similarly incensed that this book isn't exactly what I thought it would be despite having not read a single thing about it.

Jason Pinter is the bestselling author of five thrillers (the most recent of which are The Fury and The Darkness), as well as the ebook exclusive FAKING LIFE, which have nearly 1.5 million copies in print in nearly 20 countries. His first novel for young readers, Zeke Bartholomew: Superspy!, was published in November 2011. Visit him at www.jasonpinter.com or follow him on Twitter. He has read all the Harry Potter books.

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest   Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:55 am

I think JK Rowling is between a rock and a hard place -- but the publishers will be happy since she's a money-making machine. Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest 925501
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk

Writer's Sense of Humor-Jason Pinter on JK Rowling's latest
Page 1 of 1