Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Dreams

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I have read that some people write whole books just from their bizarre dreams. I think I have read some of them....I imagine that dreams must reveal something about the dreamer that the dreamer may not understand about their own mental state.

Not me, of course. I only dream stuff that I can understand and explain...to my self, of course.

Sometimes my dreams mystify me for a time.

But, with a little thought, I can see where the dream came from in my psyche. Many of my dreams are of finding beautiful objects that I can have just for the picking. Kind of like finding lovely marbles. I do have an affinity with marbles. Beautiful they have always been to me. Something that I can hold in my hand and cannot be taken away. I guess that says something about me. Snort!

Buttons are another lovely thing that can fit in the palm of a hand. In the olden days, buttons were beautiful, made of pearl and other fine things before plastic came to be the rage and the only thing they were made of.

I dream sometimes of intricately carved doors of wood. I have never seen these doors in person, but in my dreams I can see them up close as if they were carved in wood or ivory. If I try to remember anything that may have triggered those dreams, it would be the big, ornate letters that began the fairy tales....Once Upon A Time.....yes that may have been where those dreams came from.

Any one else think about their dreams?

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 pm

I've wondered several times what some of my dreams might mean. When I dream it usually involves my being lost in a very familiar place. A place I've been many times and in the dream I can't find my way around.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 pm

9/26/2012

Betty..

Isn't it interesting how we remember dreams, I do

remember five very vivid dreams, three were horrifying

nightmares...Here goes !

1. When I was a young kid I had a nightmare that Godzilla

was chasing me across a bridge..

2. When my Poodle Gi Gi passed away in 1976 a few months

later I had a dream she was running towards me , very happy

as if saying " I'm Okay ! I'll be waiting for you." This dream still

brings tears to my eyes even today..

3. I had a nightmare about a hideous Alein that had a red face.

I must have been in my 20's then.

4. In 1970 I was staying in Hollywood, Calif. and I had a dream

one night about Marilyn Monroe, she was at a party sitting on

a piano, laughing, telling everyone, I'm okay, I feel great.

5. My fifth one is a total horrifying nightmare ! I dreamt one night

about waking up and there was a very bright light in the room.

I heard something in the livingroom, I got up and the light was

bright there too, standing in the middle of the room was a friend

of mine, being dragged by two Aliens ( the kind with the big black

eyes and their bodies are white,) we'll my friend was screaming on

top of her lungs : " Save me, Save me, they want to use me as a

baby incubator !" I woke myself up by hearing myself screaming so

loud, I'm surprised I didn't wake up the whole neighborhood....

Cheers.....Joe....affraid
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm

My dreams are always like movies, and they are pleasant. There are three exceptions and all are acts of nature: tornadoes, hurricanes and floods. My mother is in the tornadoes and hurricanes and I'm always trying to get the two of us to safety. In the flood, I'm in a small airplane with my dad and we are high enough to know the entire earth is flooded; we have only so much gas; and there's no place to land.

The interesting part is that I have had these same pleasant movie dreams in general and three nightmare dreams for as long as I can remember.

I read a philosopher once who said our organic body sleeps, but the spiritual or soul part does not need sleep so it wanders throughout time and space picking up information that is also made part of our psyche - the reason for strange dreams that don't seem to make sense or those that seem to predict (since the soul wanders into the future since it has no limits in the universe).
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm

One summer during the mid-to-late 80's I started having vivid dreams, and would wake up remembering them for a minute or so, but then they would be gone. I started keeping a journal beside my bed so I could write the dreams down before I forgot them. I got a couple of books on dream interpretation, some of which recommended doing free association exercises, and continuing the dreams as journal entries.

In one of those dreams, I was swimming, and noticed a light, shining down under the water. I dove under and swam toward it. It turned out to be an underwater tunnel, still brightly lit. Eventually, I came out and swam to the surface. I was in a cave with a red sand shore. I walked along the sand, and came to a door - a stone door with an arched top, and when I pushed, it opened, and I was standing in this room, and the room was lit by an enormous, shimmering, red-gold rock. The dream ended there, but I wrote a few entries in my journal, just letting go to see what would follow. The result was the earliest versions of what are now the Redstone Stories. I put the journals away and forgot them. I cleaned out closets and cabinets several times. My mom moved in with me, and knowing her curiousity, I decided to toss the last ones. I'm not sure which stack or time those dream journals were in, but I didn't think much about them for a long time. One or two of them, I still remember vividly. One had to do with finding an underground room. It was a square room with blue walls, a door in the middle of each wall, and gold or brass steps leading down from each door. In the middle of the room was a round table, and a candle burning in a gold or brass candlestick on the center of the table. There were four books on the table, placed around it evenly. The books, which had blue covers like the walls, were all closed. I wondered why.

I started reading Carl Jung's books, especially the ones about dreams, which suggested My dreams were what he called mandala dreams. Mandalas are images - squares and circles that represent the individual self,which represents the whole person: ego, persona, shadow, anima/animus, and that they are common symbols that sometimes come into our dreams at times of major life changes. (That summer was right at the midpoint of the children each finishing high school and moving out to start college.) The dream images all seemed to fit with other things I was learning about Jungian psychology, and the philosophy that Jung developed based on the images in his own dreams.: circles, squares, crosses, old men and crones, children, couples,, and symbols from alchemy, especially those that represent the processes and stages of turning lead into gold.

I still keep a journal by my bed, but I've never again had a period of time quite as intense. I sometimes remember bits and pieces, and still write them down, but they have never seemed quite as significant as those that summer.

I do keep journals, still - freewriting to see what comes out, and doors and keys and gardens come up a lot.

Not all of them are all that pleasant, but I almost never have nightmares. Not sure why.

Ann

Last edited by alj on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Joe, while I was reading about your dreams, I remembered one I had back during my Freshman year in college. That year, while I was home for the Christmas holidays, I got a phone call saying that the young man I had been dating for a little over a month was killed in a car crash. Shortly after I got back to the dorm, I dreamed that I was walking toward the Student Union Building, and saw him walking toward me. At first I was excited because I thought it was real, and that he was alive, but then, I realized I was dreaming, and started to cry. He came up to me, put his arm around me, and told me not to be sad, because he was in a good place. Then I woke up.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:38 pm

I have often seen it recommended to write dreams in a journal - that they might provide insight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Joseph Campbell says it will lead you to your bliss - and when you are following your bliss, the world opens up for you.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 pm

9/27/2012

I always wonder why I have never dreamt of my

my mother, father, brothers and sister there all

deceased, maybe there's no connection after death.

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams
Page 1 of 1