Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does what you eat influence your dreams...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Does what you eat influence your dreams... Empty
PostSubject: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 pm

"..a bit of underdone potato....."

Yesterday night, I made a stir fry of white radish, a small turnip, a little bit of celery and some left over rice.  In the night, I dreamed that I was laying little eggs that contained baby animals....They were passing through my....well just guess....  

Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

When I read Conversations with God, I think by Neil Walsh, he suggested that our soul wanders while we sleep and shares its experiences with our subconscious.  Since the soul is without time or location, the dreams to our mind seem strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

1/1/2014

Now that I'm eating better the Mediterranean way ( Lost 8 lbs, another 15 to go)
                I don't have dreams. I wonder why ?

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 pm

I think that whatever you lack, you dream about it. 
If you have no food, you dream of food.
If you lack sex, you dream of it.
And so it goes. 
As for weird dreams, I have no clue.

I do think that the last thing on our minds when we go to sleep stimulate dreams.  Sometimes our concentration on problems get solved during our sleep, however by the time we awaken the solution is lost.  I have read that Edison used his dreams to solve problems with his invention(s).  Waking up and writing down those insights became a habit.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 5:32 am

I always knew you were the Earth Mother, Betty, or one of her incarnations.

It's my understanding that everyone dreams several times a night, even if we don't remember them.  These days, I don't remember many of mine, personally.

During the late 80's and early 90's I kept a journal by my bed, and got into the habit of writing down everything I could remember of them while it was all still fresh.  That's where the red stone came from.  Once I was more awake, I would read what I had written and try to put a literary or Jungian interpretation to them.  That was a time of major transition in my life - the children growing up and leaving home.

Jung says some dreams are "big" dreams, coming up from our collective unconscious.  Betty's dream has the feel of a big dream, it seems to me.  Eggs are mandalas, partly because of their shape, and partly because of their part in the birth process. Mandalas are our personal symbols of wholeness (body + mind + spirit + soul all working together).  At least as I remember what Jung wrote.  I haven't read those books in a long time.

It seems like a good dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 am

A friend of mine in Key West Florida once told me of a dream he had of a place in New Mexico where he had never been.  It had an other worldly quality to the dream.  He felt "called" to visit there someday.

Many years went by and we lost contact.  I sent him an email when I ran across his address one day.  He found the place about which he dreamed, bought an old run down hotel and was renovating it as a vegan bed and breakfast - in the middle of nowhere.

That dream was a long way from Key West in every respect. He was quite settled in Key West at the time we rode bikes around the island. 

Did the dream actually pull him to its reality?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Diane, 
I have had dreams of places that I have never been...complete with each rock in place, looking out over dry river beds,,,,perched on a red rock looking out.  Since I have read our Annies's Redstone stories, I wonder if It was that rock upon which I perched.  The valley was large and flowed down to a green valley with small farms and trees.  Funny how the brain works without your knowledge...in your sleep, in your day dreams...in your inward visions.  
We are so much more than we can possibly imagine in our waking or sleeping state.  We just are.  To me, that is the incredible part of this life we live and the time we are allotted on this earth.  I wish I had a thousand lifetimes to discover...and then, I doubt it would be enough time.  I do love living.  
When I read about people who would end their life upon this earth, I am heart broken that I cannot take them by thehand and tell them what a prize this life upon this earth is.  
I know...I go on...but I mean every word...I need more power!

Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Yes, you are so right, Betty.  Life is full of wonder.  I was just sharing with Mom tonight that I may not be a Pollyanna bubbling over with joy, but I sure find joy in a light rain to wash my car and water my garden.  I love a double rainbow.  I never see the same sunset or moon rise.  An eclipse is as mysterious to me as in ancient times. The little chameleon that changes colors and the vibrant colors of tropical birds and flowers!  Then there's even the quiet greens in a forest with leaves underfoot.  Each morning I walk on a path at the beach where the gopher turtles peek out of their sandy holes, the squirrels run through the trees, the doves wait until we're on top of them to move, the bald eagle tells us to leave, the raccoons walk their babies across the path, snakes slither by and if we are lucky, we see dolphins when we reach the end of the path that opens to the Gulf. In the spring, loggerhead turtles lumber with great difficulty up the beach to lay their eggs and thousands of little hatchlings run for the water if the raccoons don't get them. With nothing else, the walk on that path is life worth living!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm

In reading these posts, I realize how much we are all connected.  The similarity of thoughts about world-wonders and how it affects our feelings cannot be an accident.  The book I'm currently reading by Deepak Chopra is timely. 
How can I help someone today?  I'm trying to concentrate on that theme for 2014.  It is too easy to forget and to lapse into old thought patterns.  Being conscious of our thoughts is another difficult thing that requires work.
I realize how much more I need to learn and it all begins with self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does what you eat influence your dreams...   Does what you eat influence your dreams... Empty

Back to top Go down

Does what you eat influence your dreams...
Page 1 of 1