Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun Empty
PostSubject: Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun   Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Nothing clears your head like calling out hypocrisy and
shameful pandering to a powerful interest group. These are the times when you
know who is really running the government and it’s not regular citizens. One
glaring example is the reactions to the real issues of actual gun deaths versus
almost nonexistent real voter fraud.

http://pollardpost.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-are-voters-controlled-more-than-guns.html
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun   Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Thank you for saying it like it is. I'm so tired of the hypocrisy and the power brokers. The pitiful part is that some of the people are fooled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun   Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you, DT. A very good question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun   Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 am

Recently, an older woman said to me on the phone: I don't understand this issue over voting. Most of my life people have been struggling to get the right to vote. Now they have it and it seems things are going backward. I want everyone to vote. It already doesn't count for much anyway because of the money pouring into the campaigns and making it impossible for people to fully understand the issues beyond out of context sound bites. Daddy didn't drive for the last twenty years of his life and didn't have a driver's license; but he was proud to go cast his ballot because his mind was strong even though his body was not. Today, he would not be able to vote. It's a crime. I don't understand why people across the country are not marching against these laws the same as they marched to get the right to vote. Maybe it's because the ones who can't vote are old like me and don't have the energy to march.

And therein lies the bitter truth. Those least able to fight back will lose their rights - their rights to health care, their rights to vote, their rights for education - all that makes a democracy strong. Instead we have a rising oligarchy of those making sure their "club" remains pure and their rights to the best life has to offer unhampered by consideration for the least of us.

I prefer an imperfect democracy that provides a minimal humane opportunity for all its citizens to seek upward mobility to a perfect oligarchy that divides the country into two classes, the wealthy and the struggling. I believe that we are one humanity with obligations to our fellow travelers, even the different and imperfect ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun   Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Are Voters Controlled More Than Gun
Page 1 of 1