Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals

Go down 
+5
Don Stephens
Abe F. March
E. Don Harpe
dkchristi
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals Empty
PostSubject: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:49 pm

7/15/2012

I just heard from a friend who works in Washington, DC ( no he's not a Republican)

that Pres. Obama has a surprise planned for the beginning of October..

His surprise is an Executive Order : All 13-15 million Illegal Immigrants will be pardoned

an at once will become residents of the USA...If this is true, I'm shocked and ashamed at

my own government for such trickery in this case he should be voted out of office ! This

would be a slap in the face to all immigrants wo have been waiting patiently some for years..

Cheers..Joe....Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Ah Joe, please don't believe all you hear - from anyone. That lie has been passed around before. I have good friends who feed me malarky too, and they are well-intentioned and hear it from someone "in the know." Malarky is malarky regardless of the source. Believe it when it is policy - written policy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:48 pm

7/15/2012

DK...

We shall see what happens ?

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Joe, do you know when this happened before? And what President? Well, it was in 1986 when Ronald Reagan granted total amnesty to all 4,000,000 illegal aliens that were in the United States, and assured the country that this action would end the problem. Of course, we now know that it only made the problem worse.

I don't think President Obama will grant blanket amnesty to all of the illegal aliens here now. It would be a sure fire way to kill his chances in November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:06 am

I'm inclined to agree with you Don. When it comes to politics, people can have a short memory when convenient and a long one when it suits. The problem stems from immigration policies. Policing the borders has not worked and cost tax payers money. If aliens/immigrants, illegal or otherwise, get jobs that Americans don't want, what's the problem? It is not a new phenomenon. The same happened in Germany and France (possibly England as well). People came from Greece, Slavokia and with France, from Nigeria (a former colony) as well as other Eastern countries and did jobs the locals didn't want. These people brought their families and new kids were born. These people wish to remain and there was an outcry, however most will remain if they continue to have work and are not a burden on society. In my view, that is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:27 am

7/16/2012

I think our laws should be very strict, everyone has

to abide by them, if you want to come here then you

have to get on line like everyone else , otherwise we'll

be flooded from every country you can think of....

Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:45 am

joefrank wrote:
7/16/2012

Joe,

Look around...we already are!
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 am

joefrank wrote:
7/16/2012

Native Americans had the same problem several hundred years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

7/16/2012

Don..

I read an article on CNN about how illegals from

Central and South America are flooding Mexico inorder

to get to the USA illegally, the Mexicans are getting

peeved off, I'll see if I can find the article..

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/14/world/americas/mexico-immigrant-shelter/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Al Stevens wrote:
joefrank wrote:
7/16/2012

Native Americans had the same problem several hundred years ago.

Great point!  Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals 572534  Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals 950944
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Why do we begrudge others so much? If something came easier to them, be glad for them.

Some of us were lucky to be born here, others came on boats, some died on the way, etc.

America is a great melting pot. Welcome the immigrants--maybe they can improve us--its worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Don,

I agree with your opinion.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm

You know me, always concerned about which document is being quoted with statistics. My understanding is that the majority of prison inmates are black males, some astronomically high number.

As for births, I doubt the FBI statistics has the number of births therefore I question the data until I know the source document. Whose "FBI statistics" - the ones I cooked up in my office to frighten people of those who are different?

As for illegal aliens entering this country, we all got here that way. It was fine as long as we were white. The blacks ran into trouble when they were freed and when they came from Haiti in recent years. The Chinese had trouble. The Japanese were interred in POW camps and robbed of their homes and farms. It's easier to say, "alien" when they are a different color - you know, like the men from Mars will be green with antennae. Those from Cuba with money were "nearly" white; those from Guatamala & Mexico had dark skin. So do many people from Iraq, Iran, and other Middle Eastern Countries. Easy to pin our hate and pain on people who look different, have different religions and different language.

Industrial farming invited illegal workers by advertising in their countries and toting them here in deplorable conditions of travel and later habitation. The lovely Mexican women who worked for me started as migrant workers and their stories of their lives were stories of rape, molestation, deprivation, starvation, and a hideous existence including dropping babies in the field. Remember, they are devout Catholics. If there is a problem with their birth rate, I recommend a letter to the Pope.

Sure, every country needs immigration legislation. But ours is a mess. It's the politicians who should suffer, you know, the ones with the illegal immigrants cooking, cleaning and taking care of their children with poor pay and no Social Security in their future.

Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:58 pm

7/16/2012

DK..

Sorry to say my great-grandparents came to NYC

in 1885 and had to endure Ellis Island, the rules then

were if you coughed the wrong way you were sent

back. Matter of fact my Dr. had me take a Whooping

cough shot because as he told me it's being brought

into this country by illegal immigrants and this concerns

him that their maybe an outbreak.......

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Disease has become a concern because people are now afraid to access public health services. Additionally, health services are being cut right and left across the nation by Republican governors who are eliminating public service jobs to reduce government. That's why universal health care is a necessity; to protect everyone. Without it, we are always at risk from the person who could not access health care and carries an illness.

As for the hardships any immigrant experiences, there were and are many. Yet, this country grew to be the greatest in the world for opportunity and freedom by the independent and hard working spirit of those who came as slaves, as illegal immigrants, as legal immigrants and by whatever method they sought the benefits of a better way of living that was available here. This was a land where a person could work hard and achieve a quality life, even become rich.

That is no longer the case. And it is not because of immigration, it is because of the wars that were wrong and not funded, the unregulated greed on Wall Street, the unregulated banking and credit industry and the international corporate greed. It is not the fault of the ladies who worked for me or their families who earned their right to live here by the death of their family members, the sweat of their bodies and the hardships endured.

Me, I was just born here, white, blue eyed and protestant. How fortunate for me; I must be better than everyone else because of the golden opportunities laid out for me by virtue of my birth. Therefore, since I am by birth entitled to a better life, I have no responsibility for those not so fortunate. How unlucky for them to be born elsewhere, of a different color or religion, or custom. I need to do all I can to save this great country for people like me, you know, the Aryan race, the pure race.

Oops, I think I'm historically a mut - there's Swedish, Norwegion, English and Irish - but at least they are white. Oops, my mom is from the deep south and a historical plantation ancestry; they say that any southern family with slaves and later sharecroppers has some African blood somewhere. Oops, a special on NOVA presented the roots of us all as originating in Africa, black hair, brown skin, brown eyes - and I'm really a mutation, changed by migration to parts of the world with less sun. Alas, I am the defect, the mutant, the interloper. No one seems to know that. I can continue to live my secret elite existence, pretending I am better and entitled. I just hope no one finds out the truth. Maybe I can get rid of those who are different so my own kind can huddle together with our secret truth, that we are better and entitled and have no obligation toward our fellow life travelers.

Oops, there's that little issue of a Creator, a God, a Force, an energy, the Source and the beginning of us all that made humanity in Its image. God must be black since He made us in Africa. Yet, blood runs red in all of us, a reminder that we are really one, originating as one people. Our genes carry our history; our blood is our life. We are one world; we just haven't figured it out yet. I guess that's because we only use 10% of our brain - the rest of it has the truth not yet revealed for a soul not yet fully evolved. And somewhere in every spiritual teaching is the lesson of brotherhood, the lesson of blood, the requirement that we treat each other as we wish to be treated. A simple truth is a complicated world.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm

7/16/2012

Me, I'm a cross between a bull bitch and a window shade..

DK....Evidently your coming up with the white issue ! No one

said anyone couldn't come to this country, all I said was do

it legally !

Cheers.......Joe.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Ah, my friend, the ones not doing it legally are readily noticed because they have brown skin, black hair and speak Spanish. When I was in Key West, the Eastern Europeans were the dishwashers, as illegal as anyone; they jumped ship in Miami - but no one raised the flag and demanded they enter the country legally. They blended. Many had blue eyes and blond hair.

Perhaps when you mention immigration, color is not an issue. However, it is an issue across those states most affected. There is a national concern about the "browning of the U.S." tied to the greater number of births in the the Catholic immigrants of color. We can fear anything we want, but the fact is that the majority of the residents of the U.S. will no longer be white even if we turn off immigration. The fact is, legal or illegal, the jobs in the U.S. will not reappear by deporting those without status.

Change is present in every nation of the world today. Communication has made it happen at record-breaking speeds. Those of us from previous generations have difficulty accepting it so quickly; the younger generations have no problem at all unless they are drilled with the bias and prejudice of their parents. After all, they don't even know each other by face - it's all by ID and secret names. Maybe they have the right idea - they make friends according to interests and ideas and sometime later find out the details of birth and residence.

Just look on this forum. We are fortunate to have a mixture of people from many walks of life. You and I are quite a bit alike I believe; but we have some quite young people here, too, who probably think our hashing over immigrants ridiculous - who cares? Their futures are not negatively affected.

I believe we have different countries here, different races, different religions, different educational levels - wow - Shelagh has really been a great creator of a future world in our little forum.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 pm

7/16/2012

I resent when I have read if someone or anyone is against

Pres. Obama's policies are " RACIST!" As I've said many,many

times before my family is a mix, Yes my father was French white,

my Mother German , My step-father was black a great man who

married a widow with five small children, he died 1995 , I miss his

great world war 2 stories. My sister-in-law is Spanish, my other

sister-in-law is Irish and Jewish, I had a x-brother-in-law who

was Spanish. My other sister-in-law is Italian, talk about global

We'll we can say our group here at Published Authors is very

real, exciting and we all go way back to our first publishing days.

If you would like to read my first book " Is Your Father Black ? I

can send you the PDF File, it'll show you how I grew up....

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:08 pm

clown

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 pm

7/17/2012

Don...

We'll said........ Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals 973110

Cheers..Joe....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

DK. Your posts reflect your writing ability. You are able to express your views in a clear manner, and I agree with your analysis of the situation. Some issues are difficult to explain without one on one interaction. This is one of those. When one makes a statement and it is face to face challenged, there is the opportunity to respond, i.e., "what I meant by that was..."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:41 am

Thought:: What about the original settlers? The ones who ran away from England?

They fought and killed Indians for their piece of land.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:42 am

From the perspective of the American Indian, the settlers were illegal immigrants - my point in another post. The Native Americans were the only legitimate owners of this country.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am

7/16/2012

DK....

.... Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals 973110

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals    Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals Empty

Back to top Go down

Pres. Obama's October surprise ! Amnesty to all illegals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next