Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Penn State

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Penn State Empty
PostSubject: Penn State   Penn State EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

I don't want to get enmeshed in rehashing the horrors inflicted on young men. The entire circumstances are deplorable. I am not litigious, but I imagine the attorneys are lining up and should be. Those young men were forever
changed and it was allowed by wealthy and powerful men. The young men harmed are entitled to reparations from the university.

My opinion is that the entire university that benefited from the money "protected" by silence, is tainted and should be closed. It may go bankrupt anyway with shutting down the sports for two years and the prosecutions and lawsuits.

I am sorry for the parents and students - but the best example to them is to show that our society provides reparations for behavior that destroys the lives of young men, vulnerable and trusting young men who were prey and without value to powerful men. Makes me ill. I cannot continue writing on this topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Penn State Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penn State   Penn State EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 am

7/12/2012

Close Penn State, ay the young men, Sandusky life

in prison with Bubba waiting,see how he likes that !

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Penn State Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penn State   Penn State EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 am

My understanding is that prisons have a hierarchy. Sexual crimes against children are the worst.

Many people in prison have families and children of their own.

However, I would rather hope for the monetary reparations to the young men who were harmed and to their families so they might attempt the counseling and rebuilding to recover.

Adults who were molested as children struggle emotionally all their lives. Money will not replace the different life they might have had; it will pay for counseling and improve lives that might be less because of the changes in their self esteem.

To see the university suffer from its silence also helps balance the trauma to the psyche.

That's why I speak out now and then on unpopular topics. Silence speaks louder than words sometimes and does more harm. Where wrong exists, someone must step forward to set it straight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Penn State Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penn State   Penn State EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 am

Child abuse is the worst crime in my opinion. Children should be able to depend on adults for protection not have to fear them.

Shooting a cop is treated much more severely than shooting a child. Why? The cop is usually the superior force and armed. He/She is expecting an attack, a child is not.

Our number one priority as a nation should be the protection of our children.

Shut down all schools and churches which partake in or cover up maltreatment of children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

Penn State Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penn State   Penn State Empty

Back to top Go down

Penn State
Page 1 of 1