Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Endings and beginnings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Endings and beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Endings and beginnings   Endings and beginnings EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:13 am

One of the best things about a PDF file, for me, anyway, is that it puts all the little errors that you've been pouring over your Word file to find, out in the glaring open so that you can correct them before you do anything official with the manuscript. Endings and beginnings 795232 This is not my most favorite part of the process.

This time, I've decided that I also needed to add a couple more scenes to help the readers make the transitions back and forth between the19th and 21st centuries. What I feel pretty certain is the last of those is almost done. By the end of this next week, it ought to be in its final form. I have a couple of options I am looking into as to what I might do with it at that time, one in particular, but it's too soon to talk about it.

My only problem with focusing on this last scene is that my head is already moving on. The main character of the next book of the series is a heroine: Magdalena Isabela Redstone, hence the title, Daniel's Daughter. The dilemma that "Maggie" faces is that she must make a major life choice: Should she do what is expected of her, and accept the future that her parents have planned (after all, theirs was an arranged marriage, and it turned out just fine, didn't it?), or does she listen to the romantic newcomer from half-way around the world who wanders into her valley and whispers to her of a life of excitement and adventure?
I kind of think I know the answer, but when ones heart writes the stories, you never can tell until it is done.

And, Oh, Jeesh. That means another cover to create affraid

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Endings and beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endings and beginnings   Endings and beginnings EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:01 am

Those are great problems to have,Ann. Coming up with a blank isn't so good.
Back to top Go down

Endings and beginnings
Page 1 of 1