Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexb10

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-04

Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting Empty
PostSubject: Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting   Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:59 am

I'm new to this forum, so I'm unsure as to whether or not this thread was posted in the correct category.

I'm a nineteen year old aspiring writer from Rhode Island, and I desire assistance in the editing/evaluation of my first experimental story (which is fiction). I am simply searching for someone with decent evaluative skills to read various segments of my story and give me feedback, opinions, and advice regarding it. An agreement to be made between us, where I would evaluate and edit any of your works as you evaluate mine, would be absolutely perfect. I should also clarify that this relationship should be long-term and frequent.

In the case that it matters to whomever might be interested, I would like to state that I am realistic, down to earth, intelligent and extremely friendly, with a very large capacity for a humor, contrary to the vibe this post may suggest.

Any information relevant to this posting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Alex B.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting   Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Alex,

A critiquing partner would be easier to find if you stated the genre you write in and the target audience for your work.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Alexb10

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting   Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Hi Alex,

A critiquing partner would be easier to find if you stated the genre you write in and the target audience for your work.

Thanks for the advice.

The genre I bear most interest in is fiction.

My work in progress is a post-apocalyptic and philosophical thriller (and trust me, it is not as unoriginal as it sounds), with a concentration on realism, violence, and action towards the beginning in order to hook action-seekers, and a slow conversion to very deep societal philosophy throughout the midsection and end of the story. There will also be a few massive perception altering twists near the conclusion, that would hopefully entice the reader into a second read, allowing them to further grasp the philosophical projections within the story.

I hope that this description is not repulsive; I need nothing more than a critiquing partner right now, and I am positive that it will be worth whomever's while. Please note as well that I will not be sending overwhelming amounts of text to sift through and edit, I would only be sending short segments at a time (plausibly only once, maybe twice a week at most) that are very graspable, easy to understand, and easy to ponder over. I am also relatively patient, so I will not be hounding for hasty responses.

Thanks

Edit--

On second thought, would it be a good idea to simply post a random segment of the story here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting   Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting Empty

Back to top Go down

Aspiring Writer Searching for Assistance in Editting
Page 1 of 1