Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Look what the wind blew in....

Go down 
+3
JoElle
Shelagh
gracebridges1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gracebridges1

gracebridges1

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Look what the wind blew in.... Empty
PostSubject: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:47 am

Hey there, I'm new here...
I go by Grace Bridges in the cyberworld. Only Grace is real Smile
I'm 29, a sci-fi freak (Go Trekkies!) a perpetual traveller (7 years in Bavaria, currently in Ireland) home is New Zealand. For porridge money, I translate horrible technical texts from German.

My first book Faith Awakened came out on Lulu last October. It deals with the spiritual potential of virtual reality in an end-times disaster scenario in Northern Ireland. My second, Legendary Space Pilgrims(kinda like Pilgrim's Progress, except it's in space), is under edits and an independent publisher has requested the full MS - I have begged time to rewrite because I don't want to send him my first draft!

Right now I'm writing Cyberdublin, where one hypernet company takes over world economy and then falls to server sabotage, throwing the globe - and a houseful of girls in Dublin - into chaos. After that, Godspeed is next in line, it's a sequel to Faith and involves a road trip across the States, a trip I hope to make myself one day, for research of course!

I'm also busy collaborating with Frank Creed on his Underground project, which is a load of fun. My short story "Underground, Undersea" is going to be in an anthology later this year, and work has begun on Book 3 (or maybe 4, we still have to sort that out) of the main series. My other short story "Invasion" is online in the Wayfarers' Journal e-zine.

So although I find short stories really hard work, nearly every one I've written has been published somewhere or other. Perhaps the matter requires more thought.

I hang out a lot at the Lost Genre Guild, for writers of Christian sci-fi and fantasy and horror, and also at shoutlife.com. Have had to curtail facebook time or else I'd never get any work done...

lol so that's about it. nice to be here!

(oh yeah my websites:
www.faithawakened.com
www.gracebridges.com
www.authorgracebridges.ning.com

and a bunch of other lesser ones which you will find at the Faith Awakened site on the Hang Out page...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gracebridges.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:52 am

Hi Grace,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here. As the anthology suggests, we are a friendly bunch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:03 am

Hi Grace!

Welcome aboard!

I am still kind of sort of a Trekkie. Used to watch Star Trek TNG ... thought Data was cool.

Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 8:32 am

Welcome Grace!! Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 How do you keep up with it all!? You will like it here, I'm sure. We do spend a bit of time chattering, but you are liable to find other Star Trek fans here as well! JoElle liked Data, I admired Worf! ( I used to watch the early shows when they first came out. Spock was the best. How times have changed, and the show just kept getting better with each change!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi Grace! Welcome aboard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 WELCOME Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 Look what the wind blew in.... 591890
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Look what the wind blew in.... 591890 Welcome.
Back to top Go down
gracebridges1

gracebridges1

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:07 am

Forest Elf wrote:
... thought Data was cool.

Yeah! Go Data!
Back to top Go down
gracebridges1

gracebridges1

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:11 am

zadaconnaway wrote:
How do you keep up with it all!?
... JoElle liked Data, I admired Worf!

Well, I don't keep up very well with anything actually. Them's the perils of the writer's life! I'm awfully disorganised at the best of times.

Actually I always liked Picard the best!

afro (because that looks just like my brother. For real!)
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 10:25 pm

gracebridges1 wrote:
Forest Elf wrote:
... thought Data was cool.

Yeah! Go Data!

I loved Data's obsession with Sherlock Holmes!

By any chance do you like Dr. Who? I love The Doctor!!
Back to top Go down
gracebridges1

gracebridges1

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Yeah, I like some Dr Who. Some episodes are too freaky, though generally I like the weird stuff, but not when it gets too dark in its theme. Hmm, does that make any sense? lol.
Thanks everyone for the greets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what the wind blew in....   Look what the wind blew in.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Look what the wind blew in....
Page 1 of 1