Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Public and Private

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Public and Private Empty
PostSubject: Public and Private   Public and Private EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 am

My belief in today's electronic world is that only thoughts are private - and sometimes they are projected through facial gestures or body language.

With all the attempts to encrypt writing, set aside private boards, etc. so long as one thought is spoken or recorded, someone will figure out a way to make it public.

I remind myself of these facts every day. I often slip, but I have improved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Public and Private Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public and Private   Public and Private EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:56 am

The biggest problem, DK, is that people are not virtual; they are real, and real people are unreliable. Over the years, I have received numerous private messages asking me to discuss other members of the various forums and networks that I've set up. Although I can trust myself not to divulge anything told to me in private, I cannot trust others to do the same. I would not betray their confidence, but they would betray mine. Consequently, I have not discussed, and will not discuss, anyone I have met over the Internet.

I also stated on this forum that I strongly disapprove of anyone repeating anything posted on the WIP board. A private board should remain private. Unfortunately, not everyone shares this view.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Public and Private Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public and Private   Public and Private EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 am

I think it's a matter of personal responsibility. It is my responsibility to remember the lack of privacy in today's world. Every email may be potentially forwarded.

A friend of mine said to me, "I have a story for you to include in your next article. When my grandson asked how the ship got there; I said, "It must have been a hurricane."

I put the story in my article and used his name. Fortunately, I sent him a draft. He was upset that I used his name.

The lines between private and personal are so very thin in a public world, especially when the public world is a necessity for promotional purposes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

Public and Private Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public and Private   Public and Private Empty

Back to top Go down

Public and Private
Page 1 of 1