Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! Empty
PostSubject: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:40 am

7/14/2011

This is shocking to read what President Obama said to the Republicans:
" This may end my presidency !" , " Don't call my bluff !" Read on...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/obama-debt-ceiling-meeting_n_897834.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec3_lnk1|77723

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 am

Joe, you are good at headlines. One really needs to read all that was reportedly said (no actual reporters were in the meeting so it is all based on who the reporters talked to).

Tones of voice, body language and all that came before and after are all part of this impasse designed to force the government into a position that the Republicans can later twist to look as though they are the ones saving the country. They are bent on destruction for their 2012 "rescure." Between now and then, they have no other purpose.

As I see it, they have taken a piece of necessary legislation and turned it into a political face to arouse the emotions of the U.S. citizens.

The debt amount is already expended. Approve the ceiling to keep our standing in the world, in the markets and and a borrowing rate that at least won't skyrocket the existing debt.

Then, work on job creation. When people are working, they pay taxes and buy things that increase the GNP. Any sane person knows that the Bush tax relief package did not work and needs to be rolled back to increase review. That's a no brainer - unless you are determined to destroy the economy.

This stand off illustrates the Republican party as who they really are - the party of negativity and guns - yes, guns. Palin saying it's time to "reload."

I'm not a religious person, but I seek whatever blessings are out there for a president that has the patience of Job.

The few voices of reason in the Republican party are now burried under the voices of the unreasonable as the world watches this farce play out.

A simple stroke of the pen would free up both parties to really work on solutions instead of last minute politics with empty numbers that impact lives in a major way. Instead they need to be looking at the lives of the U.S. citizens and working for their good. They are not in the meeting to seek resolution; they are there to stand solid on showing their power. They are definitely getting direction from their power base. "Hold pat if you want to be re-elected."
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:54 am

7/14/2011

DK...

Let's pray they all do the right thing..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 am

Did the Republicans just "blink"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/debt-talks-show-growing-gap-between-white-house-gop/2011/07/12/gIQAbKuiAI_story_1.html

Quote :
McConnell outlines new proposal on debt ceiling

McConnell was quickly excoriated online by tea party bloggers,
with Erick Erickson of the Web site RedState.com blasting the plan as
“the Pontius Pilate Pass the Buck Act of 2011.”
Still, with less than three weeks left until the default
deadline and no viable alternative in sight, House Speaker John A.
Boehner (R-Ohio) declined to shoot it down. “I think everyone realizes
there needs to be a backup plan if we can’t come to an agreement,” he
told Fox News.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am

good post, DK.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

7/14/2011

I know many seniors who are flooding the SS Office with
calls, terrified they won't get their checks ! This is a crime
against the American people, I hope when they vote in 2012
they won't forget this horror !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

Being afraid to do something for fear of losing, is plain stupid. How can you lose something you don't have?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Unfortunately the debt ceiling issue and its potential to harm the nation is right in the lap of the Republicans and the Tea Party. A couple Republican leaders are realizing their responsibility and are getting whacked for their sanity. Thousands of wasted hours and dollars and fear in the nation and the world could have been saved by just signing the bill. No, it had to be a flagship for idiocy. Running a nation is a complicated business. The purpose of our system of government is to prevent one group of people from having all the power.

Unfortunately, power rests in the hands of big money and they are XXXX bent on making sure the country goes in the toilet to keep control of their money and their freedom to gain more at the expense of the common man.

The common man has been duped to think that the Republicans represent religion and patriotism and families. Take a look at families, unable to keep their jobs, their homes, their dignity. Take a look at patriotism. Young men and women are losing their lives to fight wars that enrich those already flying their corporate jets. They come home to no jobs because proper taxing was not done to pay for the wars that didn't create the jobs at home the industrial/corporate giants expected. We have to build charities to support our broken service people - when their nation should have jobs and good pensions for them. The politicians who push the buttons have jobs and pensions. And the downward slide came under the Republicans. The current administration just couldn't clean up eight years of stupidity in two years. A miracle wasn't possible thought to be elected, a miracle had to be promised.

Take a look at religion - all I see is hate mongering on the flagship of the Republican party, Rupert Murdock's FOX empire - all he has left now that his illegal acts have been caught - yet, the king of power will slip away while a few underlings take the heat. If I were religious, I would believe in a religion of peace, hope and generosity as exhibited by those revered in the religions of the world. Hate in religion is an offshoot, an example of what people can do to something intended for good in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !   President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency ! Empty

Back to top Go down

President Obama to Republicans: This may end my Presidency !
Page 1 of 1