Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case Empty
PostSubject: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 am

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-limits-wal-mart-sex-bias-case-142224459.html

Thank goodness. What a shameless money grab this was. And what an embarrassing picture, five overfed Americans. They're mad because Walmart doesn't have many women managers? Walmart is FAMOUS for hiring low-education women who only want part-time pin money. I'll bet you couldn't find five management material women total in any of these plantiffs' stores. Including these plantiffs.

Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case File-march-29-2011-file-photo-five-plaintiffs-photo-155622436Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case F0e18128c5e8af0df00e6a7067000fcd
Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case File-march-29-2011-file-photo-five-plaintiffs-photo-155622436
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 am

Most stores want only Part time workers.

Retail is a tough job-low paying also.
They make under $10.00 pr hour, are on their feet--what a job.
Read, Malled
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Eh, it's a perfectly fine job for the career goals and abilities of many working them. I read Nickel and Dimed In America, a book of some college prof's experiences working in low-paying jobs. Aside from being very agenda-driven, the author's whining about working at Walmart was pitiful. This fool acted like she was working in a coal mine. She doesn't get that such jobs aren't MEANT to support families, they're part time because the people seeking them want part-time work. They're perfect for teens and stay-at-home moms seeking spending money. And they're on their feet during their shifts -so? That's not hard for a person in good shape. Looking at the women in that photo, you can see why it might cause a problem. Should they be considered disabled, with commensurate accommodations? I agree 100 extra lbs is pretty disabling, but it was self-inflicted.

Women like these litigants ruin it for the women who are fine with those jobs.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 pm

LC,

Obviously we see things differently. I didn't even see five women 100 pounds overweight here.
In fact, I saw none like that..
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

So what's the problem with them standing on their feet during most of the work day? Why does that make their job so awful?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Have you done it?

In the nursing home. I was on my feet, lifting doing everything. I got tired.
I was not overweight either. 136 pounds 5'10

I was just underpaid.

Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 pm

I thought we were talking about Walmart, not nursing homes.

I've worked lots of retail, and waitressing. They were both good jobs for where I was, and I made a lot of money waitressing. It was more work than retail, and more reward.

Most retail clerks are order takers, not salespeople. I've seen few that acted motivated. They probably got commissions.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:17 pm

LC wrote:
I thought we were talking about Walmart, not nursing homes.

I've worked lots of retail, and waitressing. They were both good jobs for where I was, and I made a lot of money waitressing. It was more work than retail, and more reward.

Most retail clerks are order takers, not salespeople. I've seen few that acted motivated. They probably got commissions.

Commissions should motivate them--so I'd assume they don't get them.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 am

I meant that the motivated ones were probably on commission.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case   Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 am

Whatever--Walmart does not have a great work environment.

Costco, Starbucks and Trader Joes are much better.
Back to top Go down

Supreme Court limits Walmart sex bias case
Page 1 of 1