Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
LC
dkchristi
joefrank
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! Empty
PostSubject: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 pm

3/19/2011

I see were at war with Libya, now were in a third war !
I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! _5175210

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:53 pm

How did that happen? One minute the Middle East was working out their own issues and the next we're part of a no fly zone and whatever it takes....guess no one is listening to us. Oh yes, it's the oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Well, if it IS the oil, at least we're there for a practical reason. Forget the "we have to stop the slaughter of innocents" crap. The "innocents" over there are not my family, community, or problem. Let Middle Easterners (or North Africans, I guess, technically) slaughter themselves all they want, it's what they LIVE for and have done so for thousands of years. Who am I to oppress them by denying them their pleasure?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:32 pm

3/19/2011

I've read he has " Mustard Gas !" and I believe he'll
use it..On anyone who gets in his way, he''s nuts !!!

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:39 pm

No, WE'RE nuts for thinking it's our business to tell him what to do. I don't think Libya is a US foreign aid recipient.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:22 pm

3/20/2011

Who knows , we always back dictators...Until we
have no more use for them, besides Yemen and
Bahrain is on the verge of revolution, their goes
the middle east, can Saudi Arabia be far behind,
they sent their troops to squash the revolution
in Bahrain, I think that was stupid because if
Bahrain falls, they won't forget what Saudi Arabia
did to them..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 am

I don't have enough information for an informed opinion about this latest action, except to say that I hate war. I'm opposed to killing.
Justification, real or contrived, won't prevent killing of innocents.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Abe,

I agree-- to kill, to stop killing is futile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 am

3/23/2011

Just read it's costing us 800 Million Dollars so far !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 am

Oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

The US is over-extended. We need to set better priorities.
So what if our allies wanted this action. We could have told them we were saving our might for when they needed us to defend them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:03 pm

We are watching events in the Middle East where people are revolting against authority. When does civil disobedience become right? We believe that revolting against oppression is a good thing. Remember when the students at Kent University went on a rampage and the National Guard was called out? Students were killed. Was that excessive force or enforcing the law?

Are some Americans oppressed? The gap between the super rich and the poor has grown larger. Are the poor being oppressed? The poor have nothing to lose and that makes them dangerous. They also own guns. I’m trying to imagine what would happen if revolt started in our country. Would law enforcement put it down or allow it to grow?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 pm

The students I taught at the night school in Houston had a lot of that hostility and pent-up rage. I had never seen it so up close before that time. It took me a year to figure out how to reach them so I could get their trust enough to begin to teach them.

I posted this PDF link before, on another thread. It is a condensed version of the work of a South Texas educator. It became required reading for our staff.

It was written for teachers, but goes a long way in explaining the roots of the problem.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~ljohnson/Payne.pdf

To answer your question, Abe. I think it could happen here, and when you remember that Kent State was a university, and the young people being fired upon were upper-middle class students, just think what could happen if the protestors are seen as the dredges of our society. Think New Orleans after Katrina.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Alexandermerow
One Star Member
One Star Member
Alexandermerow

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 am

Sometimes it is like in the old Roman empire. The Emperors started some new wars in the provinces and the normal Roman people didn`t knew why. But that FRG is also at war. German mercenaries defend "our" borders at the Hindu Kush - and die for some oil lords and the New World Order...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alexander-merow.de.tl
mpride1122
One Star Member
One Star Member
mpride1122

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:35 pm

"Whatever is necessary or proper to be done, must be done immediately. We must rise vigorously upon the evil, or it will rise upon us. A show of spirit will grow into real spirit." Thomas Paine, June 4, 1780. Godspeed in this endeavor Mr. President. Most notably illustrated by the biblical parable The Good Samaritan, whenever within our capacity to do so, we have a moral obligation to secure the defenseless wherever they exist until they can peacefully rise up within their own right and claim their own destiny.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 pm

My brother and my son-in-law are both veterans. My brother was at Cam Rahn Bay in 68/69, the commander of a squadron of night bombers. He came home with a DFC and two air medals. My son-in-law was in Iraq, both as a member of the military, and later as a consultant. I am immensely proud of them both.

I personally did not think we should have been in either place. But when I look back, I am appalled at the attitude many of us took toward the men who served in Vietnam, and am glad that our soldiers today are treated with more respect.. I believe the president and congress have a huge responsibility, deciding when to use our troops and when not too, but the men and women who serve need to be respected and honored. They do not make the decisions about when and where they go, they just follow the orders of those who make the choices. They are to be commended. We do not yet live in a world where there is no need for protection, for ourselves and for others who cannot protect themselves. Let us all work toward and pray for such a world.

I personally feel that the situation in Libya is closer to that of the Gulf War of the early 90's, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. I wish the situations did not exist, but they do, and I think that some kind of response is called for. I am glad that I do not have to make the decisions.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Alexandermerow
One Star Member
One Star Member
Alexandermerow

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 am

Okay, if the media, controlled by a small elite, tells you to attack another nation - you obey? Lybia is a high developed country and the reason for the war are (as always) no "human rights" or something like that. Your US-Soldiers (and our German mercenaries too) die for a few greedy oil lords and polititians. I think this war-manipulation must end.
It`s like in Germany. The same polititians who talk about "Islamic terrorism" and a "necessary total control" of the population, let millions of Muslims come to Europe so that they can spread over big parts of our countries. This seems to be some kind of "double-talk"...

http://www.infowars.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.alexander-merow.de.tl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !   I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR ! Empty

Back to top Go down

I SEE WERE AT WAR WITH LIBYA - NOW WERE IN A THIRD WAR !
Page 1 of 1