Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A topic from another thread that I am interested in.

Go down 
+5
JoElle
zadaconnaway
Abe F. March
Dick Stodghill
E. Don Harpe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

A topic from another thread that I am interested in. Empty
PostSubject: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 pm

I posted this in reply to Malcom’s mention of Two Egg, Florida, in another thread. I never got an answer, and I wanted to put it up again.

Can't help but wonder, Malcom, if you've ever been to Two Egg, Florida? Or if you know any authors from there. Curious, to say the least. If not, how did you come up with the name?

BTW, Two Egg is just a short roll down the road from Greenwood, Florida, not far from Bascom and Malone, and the nearest larger town in Florida is Marianna. When I still worked in Marianna at the call center, I had a couple of girls that lived in Two Egg working for me. My wife and I used to drive one of them home sometimes when her ride failed to show up at the end of her shift. For those who don't know, in September of 2004 a very strong tornado hit Marianna and a lot of that part of Jackson County, and I recall several people wondering if the storm was going to scramble Two Egg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:46 pm

I can't help with directing you to the other post, Don, and I know nothing about Two Egg, Florida. I have, however, been to Rabbit Hash, Indiana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Have you ever been to Blue Balls Pennsylvania? That's not too far from Intercourse and Paradise, PA. If you doubt this, check the map of Pennsylvania.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:27 pm

There are strange town names in every state, but I just wondered how Malcom came up with Two Egg, as I used to live very close to it.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Don, I seem to remember Rhett mentioning TwoEgg on another thread somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Don, I seem to remember Rhett mentioning TwoEgg on another thread somewhere.

Sorry, guys, this missive posted twice--Darn Vista, or maybe the operator!!

Last edited by zadaconnaway on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Have you ever been to Blue Balls Pennsylvania? That's not too far from Intercourse and Paradise, PA. If you doubt this, check the map of Pennsylvania.

Really truly and for real it it there. We have a fridge magnet that reads "I heart Intercourse".

There is also Bucksnort TN, Hungry Horse MT, and Zzyzx, CA.

Who gets to name these places????
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Well, if you’re into that kind of thing, there’s also a Climax, Michigan, a Needmore, Texas, a French Lick, Indiana, a Hygiene, Colorado, a Knockemstiff, Ohio, a Ding Dong, Texas, a Shorter, Alabama, and a Last Chance, Colorado. If you find what you’re looking for in any of these towns, maybe you can move on along to Happy, Texas.

The thing is, if your spouse asks about any of this, be sure you’re not in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. You’d have to go to Why, Arizona to ask her what’s up, and she may just send you to Hell, Michigan.

Good luck.

By the way, I believe I can Fly, Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

And for another weird city name, there's also a Maybee, Michigan. I can just see it, someone asks someone else where they're from and they say Maybee, Michigan. lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:40 pm

We have a Between, Georgia. I always wanted to say, "I live in Between."
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 12:32 am

If you are traveling don't go to Nowhere, Arizona. You might want to try Surprise, Arizona instead. *grin*
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:45 am

I know people who live in Stead.

Instead of Reno (NV).

Laughing
I've been through Truth or Consequences. Which by the way, really was named after the Ralph Edwards' radio show.

Silly things people do.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Don,

Sorry I missed that question in the other thread. Probably sipped too much Scotch that day.

The short answer is YES.

Sure, I've been to Two Egg, but not since I was a kid growing up in North Florida in the 1950s and 1960s. I lived in Tallahassee, but we went to Marianna a lot to explore the caves, and Two Egg was (and still is) a few miles up the road.

It's hard to beat Hell, Michigan and Intercourse, PA, but Two Egg is one of those names a lot of people outside FL and GA don't believe is real.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A topic from another thread that I am interested in.   A topic from another thread that I am interested in. Empty

Back to top Go down

A topic from another thread that I am interested in.
Page 1 of 1