Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION

Go down 
+4
dkchristi
Abe F. March
alice
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Perfect, Ann. How quickly we forget our heritage and our connections to all humankind on this planet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Ann and DK,

Of course you are right. It is hard to know what to do to help. I hope we ( the US) don't add to the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:22 pm

I was thinking of those museums and the night my new DTV converter box would bring in nothing but broken pixels on the television except for one local station because I didn't know the antenna had to be on the roof to receive the new signal. Previously, I had five free, clear stations with that antenna. So, feeling frustrated because my income priorities did not include cable or dish television and I was forced out of my free tv into DTV, I grabbed the television antenna and learned that whatever metal made up those rabbit ears could be broken into a zillion pieces. I did that. Then I threw the pieces across the carpet. I showed the government how I felt about DTV by breaking a perfectly good antenna into a zillion pieces. Of course, then I had no television at all, not even the one channel; and it was very difficult to get all those antenna fragments from the carpet. I wasn't any wealthier and felt not one bit happier; in fact, I felt downright stupid by the time the mess was cleaned up and the house was in silence.

I was powerless over the change to my television reception. So, I took the power I had and used it for a destructive purpose. No, it was not a museum. It was, however, an example of a perfectly (if there is such a thing) sane person doing a stupid thing in frustration to fight the lack of control over that one small element in my life. Imagine having no say in the affairs of your country and having only the basic needs met from working diligently with a paltry income while seeing extreme wealth all around. The levels of frustration would be higher, the need to exhibit some control over something more pressing.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Diane,
As you described the scene, I could feel your frustration. I think we've all been there to some degree, and then woke up to realize how stupid our actions were. Sometime we need such an event to understand others. How they can become so involved in things and let out their frustrations in an uncivil manner. I don't think people do things without cause. Reactions are sparked by something, good or bad. Beating ones head against the wall can sure cause a big headache.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

Another reason to be concerned about what happens in places like Egypt right now:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2011-02-01-oil01_ST_N.htm

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Well, one thing I note. The power of the U.S. is not what it used to be. As more people become educated about the world at large, our appearance of wealth and waste does not set well. The $billions we spend in aid to other countries is not sifting down to the common people. If it does, it does not bind them to feel positive about the giver. If anything, they resent that we have so much that we can give them a little. We gave charity in expectation of loyalty. Those governments simply make it part of their income, their regular budgets, as though it was their earned entitlement.

Even in our current economic climate, expenditures are rising in the U.S. We still look wealthy, even though many of us are just hanging on to our homes by stretching pennies beyond imagination. Compared to much of the world, the poorest of our citizens are quite comfortable even if they have become homeless and reside in shelters - the shelters have roofs and provide food. Clean water is available to everyone. Children are entitled and legally mandated to attend school. That's more than many people of the world have at their disposal.

Information fuels unrest. That's why the dictators burn books, control the press and forbid assembly. Knowledge leads people to seek their own power. Knowledge is spreading in the world through electronic media at a rapid pace. People use this media for their cause.

In my own self-interest as a citizen of the U.S., I am concerned about the politics of the countries of the world. These are strange times, indeed. No one seems to have the answer to the impact this unrest will eventually bring.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 pm

We are watching as countries in the Middle East are involved in revolution seemingly intended
to topple governments. Why is this
happening?

From what I
have read and heard first-hand from people in the region, it stems from the
widening gap between rich and poor. There
is little food and no money to buy food due to unemployment. So, the people are looting. They strike out again the government as being
responsible for their plight. And, in
many instances, that is true. Government
policies that favor the rich have contributed to the problems. A
change in government doesn’t guarantee that the economy will improve. We see that in our own country. The government that caused our problems is no
longer in power, yet they fight against policies that would affect change.

If
revolution can make things better, then we are ripe for revolution in America.
The gap between rich and poor is widening. I wouldn’t be surprised to see people going
after the super-rich. Looting is not out
of the question. Lawlessness is
forgotten when one is hungry.

Filling the
stomach with food is a temporary thing. Real
solutions take time. Our present
government hasn’t had the time need to repair the damage caused by the previous
regime.

Instead we
find policies that help the poor, being cancelled. To say that health care is unconstitutional,
but that gun ownership is constitutional, signifies that the constitution needs
amended. What about the welfare of the
people? I guess if one doesn’t have
health care, then owning a gun may be the answer. Just shoot yourself if you can’t get medical
care.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 am

A quarter million people assembling now, demanding that Mubarek leave. YK, if I had that many people protesting against me, I'd be too embarrassed to stay in the position, lol. He's 82, been there for 30 years, give someone else a turn now.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 am

LC wrote:
A quarter million people assembling now, demanding that Mubarek leave. YK, if I had that many people protesting against me, I'd be too embarrassed to stay in the position, lol. He's 82, been there for 30 years, give someone else a turn now.

LC, I quite agree!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 am

LC wrote:
A quarter million people assembling now, demanding that Mubarek leave. YK, if I had that many people protesting against me, I'd be too embarrassed to stay in the position, lol.
It would take more than a quarter of a million to budge you.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 am

Shelagh wrote:
LC wrote:
A quarter million people assembling now, demanding that Mubarek leave. YK, if I had that many people protesting against me, I'd be too embarrassed to stay in the position, lol.
It would take more than a quarter of a million to budge you.

More of that profoundly Egyptian/British humor! lol!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:56 am

2/1/2011

Now I've read their having unrest and mass demonstrations
in Jordan, the king fired the Parliament plus the Prime
Minister, I guess their next..It's true what Abe said many
of these countries people live in pure poverty, they give
people promises but never deliver, sound familiar ( USA)

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

joefrank wrote:
2/1/2011

Now I've read their having unrest and mass demonstrations
in Jordan, the king fired the Parliament plus the Prime
Minister, I guess their next..It's true what Abe said many
of these countries people live in pure poverty, they give
people promises but never deliver, sound familiar ( USA)

Cheers..Joe

We are all more alike than we are different, aren't we.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 am

2/1/2011

I believe the politicians of this country are worried after
watching what's going on in these countries that are
having revolts, they know too well the American public
is getting fed up, nothing worse than a hungry, angry
mob and the American people won't tolerate the Govt.
tell them what to do or forcing them to do what they
want....Time will tell...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:05 pm

I hope we don't riot. That would make matters worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION   MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MIDDLE EAST IS FALLING ONE COUNTRY AFTER ANOTHER REVOLUTION
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2