Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I Found a Wonderful Publisher!

Go down 
+9
Al Stevens
LC
Shelagh
dkchristi
dmondeo
joefrank
alj
RetiredName
alice
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 pm

alice wrote:
Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Shelagh,
They are on their way.

Love,
Betty

Dear Betty,

I hope "they" is not my book. I want to give it to you and anyone else who would like it. Shelagh published it for me for no charge. I would like to share it at no cost.

Love,

Alice

Isn't publishing supposed to be at no cost?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

My God! I forgot the most wonderful child here, our DK Christi. One day, I will go for a walk with her and see the world through her beautiful eyes.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes, it is, Chris. Mandinam Press is a small publisher in South Wales not a vanity press. The first two published books were self-published -- the reason for setting up the press. Then followed two anthologies, two volumes of interviews and the latest children's story. These books were published at no cost to the authors -- over seventy authors published in four books. Four of the books were top ten finishers in the P&E Readers' Poll (2005, 2009, 2010).
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:22 pm

That's fine but that's not what I asked.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Quote :
The older versions of Word don't have that feature. 2002, for example. I won't upgrade because they munged up the user interface trying to appeal to the technically challenged and made it harder to work with.

Oh, ok. I don't hold onto a computer long enough to still have Word 2002. lol. I agree that the latest version of Word is awfully layered and in some respects, harder to work with than 2002. But you can save as a pdf!

As an aside, I bought a new one a year ago, with Windows 7 on it. I love it! Great improvement over XP.

Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:32 pm

LC wrote:
Quote :
The older versions of Word don't have that feature. 2002, for example. I won't upgrade because they munged up the user interface trying to appeal to the technically challenged and made it harder to work with.

Oh, ok. I don't hold onto a computer long enough to still have Word 2002. lol.

Bought a new one a year ago, with Windows 7 on it. I love it! Great improvement over XP.

Windows 7 is the first version of Windows I've liked. I use it at home now, though my laptop still runs OpenBSD.

For a word processor, I use OpenOffice.Org. It's free, it works for me and it can be run on just about anything.

Last edited by zizban on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I never was brave enough to download, install and use open source software such as Linux or open office. I guess I never considered the Microsoft products to be so expensive that it was worth it. Also, no work environment that I've ever been in used open source, so I wanted to keep things consistent. And when I do have problems with the platform, I appreciate that I always had free tech help available. I wouldn't have any such help with open source products. I wouldn't even know how to get rid of the always pre-installed Windows to replace it with Linux.

But now that Bill Gates has thrown himself so thoroughly into left-wing causes, I don't care to support them, and just might give another platform a try. Maybe Apple for my next computer?
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

I loved my Mac. It just didn't fit my lifestyle anymore.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't get into platform religious wars. They're all pretty good. Over the years I used most of them as a computer journalist. People get emotionally attached to them as if using them was a self-defining choice and the choices of others represented threats, challenges. So they become evangelical proselytizers. Interesting human nature.

But I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 931984 to Alice for finding a wonderful publisher and to Shelagh for hooking up with a wonderful writer.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Dear Al,
You are one in a million.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

So when does the sequel to Woofer come out? Smile
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Dear Betty,

I am speechless. I have not received my copy yet for approving the book.
I will send you another one.

Al, Thank you for your very kind words.

Zizban, OF course you are right, but Shelagh worked really hard editng, illustrating etc.

Love to all,

Alice
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Quote :
Zizban, OF course you are right, but Shelagh worked really hard editng, illustrating etc.

Such a lot of work goes into putting a book out. Mine were outsourced and the comp houses charged for every single change made.

Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh, LC.
Forgive me for not mentioning you. There are so many beautiful animal on this farm. Like the many lovely spirits on this message board, they all deserve a place in the spotlight. I wish that I had more talent as a writer.

Wooffer has been the bravest spirit I have ever known. I think that the next book will not be a sequel but a new adventure with a new spirit. He would love that.

Thank you for asking.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Dear Alice,
Balderdash! The copy I get will be perfect. It is coming from Shelagh's Publishing house. cheers
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Alice,
Balderdash! The copy I get will be perfect. It is coming from Shelagh's Publishing house. cheers
Love,
Betty

Betty,

Good thinking! You talked me into ordering 10 more and saved me over $18.00.

Bless you!
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

Only a new work by Alice or Betty could drag me off the lurker list and entice me to post once again. But I did want to say congratulations, Alice, on the publishing of your book. And congratulations Shelagah, on getting a good one for your company. And Betty, I hope you have that new Woofer project well underway.

Harpe
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:52 am

E.Don

I am so glad to see you. I will try to put a cover picture here for you. You will receive a complimentary copy.

I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 Cover_front
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
Only a new work by Alice or Betty could drag me off the lurker list and entice me to post once again. But I did want to say congratulations, Alice, on the publishing of your book. And congratulations Shelagah, on getting a good one for your company. And Betty, I hope you have that new Woofer project well underway.

Harpe
Hi Don,

Great to hear from you. I hope you are feeling better after your bout of flu.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Shelagh, feeling better, but still tired. Cold, wet, weather isn't helping any.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Naples, Florida has been in the 80's all week - I had a job application out for a position in Michigan. I wasn't selected; in every disappointment there's a gift. Glad you're better... and that you dropped in. What are you writing these days?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi DK, my wife's sister lives in Michigan, and I believe they are about tired of the snow and cold this year. Florida sounds much better.

I just finished a supernatural novel about a fading country music superstar who many years ago made a deal for stardom and now that it's time pay up, he's not exactly sure he's ready to step aside. It's called Neon Rainbo, and will be published later this spring or summer.

Working on a mss called Tears Of God which may be the best thing I've done yet. Just trying to stay motivated and busy.

Hope you're working on a new project also, because as well as you write, that's what you should be doing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:49 am

E.Don,

Stay here. Start a thread. It is so great to hear you again. You belong here.

I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 765642
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

Good to hear from you Don.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Dear E. Don,
I have tried three times to post on this thread to you and each time when I hit send I get the message that the site is busy. I am glad if that is the case, for Shelagh and all the people who post here.

What I wanted to say was that I am glad you are feeling better. I was thinking about you living in the middle of 30 acres and I can almost imagine how that would be.

On this 5 acres, I have five or six bird feeder, some low to the ground for the cranes and the doves and others that provide for the blackbirds, the cardinals and jays. If I had your 30 acres, well then! I would need trucks for the feed! How kind you are, and beautiful.

I wish you all the fame you wish for your self. Me, I wonder if it would not be better that I was famous, after.

This writing business gives us a voice. If anyone listens is a snatch and grab.

My friend, you are a great writer, never doubt it, and do not forget it.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Found a Wonderful Publisher!   I Found a Wonderful  Publisher! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Found a Wonderful Publisher!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next