Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?

Go down 
+4
dkchristi
Al Stevens
alice
joefrank
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? Empty
PostSubject: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:26 pm

10/31/2010

Let's see who can win , who do you think will win the
elections on Tuesday ? Here's my predictions.

1. Harry Reid will loose
2. Nancy Pelosi will be out

Democrats will loose 45 seats
Republicans will win 50 seats

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 am

Joe,

I like you alot, but hope you are wrong.
The Republicans will finish off this country if given half a chance.
They have no plan.

On the other hand, maybe it would be for the best if they won.
The pressure will be on them--they can fix the impossible mess rhey began. I won't hold my breath.

I hate to see the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:31 am

11/1/2010

Alice..

So far all congress has done is spend billons of dollars,
they were suppose to end these two stupid wars, which is
costing us billions of dollars more, we can use in this country.
I always felt all politicians lie, they tell the public what they
want to hear , time will tell.....

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 am

joefrank wrote:
11/1/2010

Alice..

So far all congress has done is spend billons of dollars,
they were suppose to end these two stupid wars, which is
costing us billions of dollars more, we can use in this country.
I always felt all politicians lie, they tell the public what they
want to hear , time will tell.....

Cheers....Joe

Joe,

I could not agree more about the wars. What a waste of money lives and people!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 am

11/1/2010

Alice..

I agree .....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:05 am

Politicians lie because people won't vote for a truthful candidate. The truth is stark and threatening. People prefer to hear optimism, even when it represents pie-in-the-sky lies.

We the people are looking for leaders who will solve the one underlying problem, which is: We rode the crest of artificial prosperity for thirty years, and the bubble burst. Prosperity of that kind is a monumental Ponzi scheme. Eventually the money--which never really existed--disappears. The problem can't be solved, and people won't vote for someone who rcognizes and says that.

Obama was and is about as truthful as he could be; he is trying to solve these problems. Too many people don't like the way he is trying to do it. Most people understand neither the problems nor the solutions, so they select candidates based on what they want to believe as reinforced by negative sound bites.

The fundamental flaw in the democratic process is that the job goes to the candidate who demonstrates an ability to run the most effective campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:47 am

Al, another voice of reason.

Let's see, who took us into Iraqand the rapid escalation of the U.S. deficit? Seems the Republicans conveniently forget that. It was a lot easier to run in, set everything amuck, declare a "victory" on a political ship and then leave it to a cleanup crew. Making a mess is a whole lot easier and politically upbeat than cleaning it up. Let's see, going into Iraq was based on a truthful analysis of the reasons for going there - WMD. Also, who was it that destroyed the Twin Towers? The Iraqi people who lived in hovel conditions (but better than now!) anyway? Yes, the truth led us into the Iraqi war.

Under whose watch did corporate greed run amuck? Under whose lack of regulation enforcement? Oops, another dim memory. Again, cleaning up is more challenging than looking the other way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 am

I guess it does not really matter who wins.
Just more of the same old, same old, Politics as usual.
No one can fix this mess.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Al Stevens wrote:
Politicians lie because people won't vote for a truthful candidate. The truth is stark and threatening. People prefer to hear optimism, even when it represents pie-in-the-sky lies.

We the people are looking for leaders who will solve the one underlying problem, which is: We rode the crest of artificial prosperity for thirty years, and the bubble burst. Prosperity of that kind is a monumental Ponzi scheme. Eventually the money--which never really existed--disappears. The problem can't be solved, and people won't vote for someone who rcognizes and says that.

Obama was and is about as truthful as he could be; he is trying to solve these problems. Too many people don't like the way he is trying to do it. Most people understand neither the problems nor the solutions, so they select candidates based on what they want to believe as reinforced by negative sound bites.

The fundamental flaw in the democratic process is that the job goes to the candidate who demonstrates an ability to run the most effective campaign.

Good post.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

11/1/2010

All Politicians are scumbags ! They lie, they cheat, they will
screw the public any which way they can...And that goes for
both sides of the fence...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Joe,

Good post--anything to get elected.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:29 pm

It's unfortunate that the current system of electing representation has become a contest of campaigns instead of people with ideas.

I remember when I was with the Republican Party as a political intern in Washington, D.C. It was at the beginning of using technology in election campaigns. The Republicans were ahead in grasping the importance of surveying a district and then letting the candidate know what needed to be said to win that district's election and pour the campagin funds into those words. The test state was California and then it spread to the national campaigns.

We had campaign maps with sophisticated overlays that identified the key responses to survey questions for every election in the U.S. The candidates could then adjust their words to meet the results of the survey in that community. The map overlays and the quick response by phone and wire was considered proprietary and closely guarded for fear the info would leak to the Democrats or that they would learn of the system and blow it out of proportion.

Instead, the Democrats soon followed with their own canvass and speak techniques as did other political candidates and now with the sophisticated technology, the very speech can be written from the canvassing data with an instant response to the community's data.

I do believe there are people who would make good candidates and elected people who care about their constituents and this country. I also know that the money it takes to become elected and the influence a politician wields are corrupting. The system requires people who can bend rules to build their power and influence or who can produce a following through radical statements to arouse emotion and hatred. These two elements - the power wielded by extreme wealth and the weakness of a populace that can be led by words of hate, bigotry and radicalism make a farce of a system that in itself has the underlying elements for a true representative democracy. Those for whom these elements work, will make sure they remain in power and that a less partisan system is not allowed to develop.

In spite of the system, there are enough bureaucrats who have been hired in various government positions to keep the country running in spite of itself; and it is still the country in which I choose to live, a country where I can vote without fear and where the direction of the government (at least so far) can change gears without bloodshed. However, the radical element that seems to flourish in hard economic times gives me concern.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:40 pm

DK.

You have really undergone a change in politics. I applaud you.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:09 pm

My beliefs are still pretty much the same. I am a fiscal conservative. I believe that government should be minimal and function efficiently. I believe that budgets need to be in balance without deficits. I believe people should be encouraged to save and meet their own financial and health needs. I believe that the growth of small businesses into larger ones are the backbone of this country and the hope for employment. I believe in diversity and the strength of people who choose to live here because opportunities for their families is greater than the country from which they came. I believe in a strong education system that provides an equal opportunity for all children to learn and thrive. This requires government intervention to overcome the selfish nature of those with plenty from depriving those with less from an equal opportunity. School breakfast and lunch and medical care are the rights of children in a prosperous nation so they can grow strong and keep the nation strong. I do not believe in incarceration but I believe in community rehabilitation for non-violent offenses. I believe that drugs should be dispensed and controlled, including marijuana, tobacco and alcohol and that advertising these things should be banned. I believe that prostitution should be legal in those communities that approve, medically supervised and taxed appropriately (as in Nevada). I believe that an adult woman of sound mind makes decisions about her own body and her own health. No person will ever tell me whether I will or will not bear a child or whether I sell my soul through prostitution. Never! That is a decision between me and my God and so I believe for anyone else. I do not recommend abortion for birth control nor prostitution as a positive lifestyle nor do I believe that those choosing a prostitute are making wise decisions. However, I believe that some matters are private when they do not involve the exploitation of children, violence and crime. I believe that people who are temporarily unable to care for themselves need government resources to help them in their time of need. I believe elderly need a source of income if the course of their lives has not produced sufficient for comfortable senior years. I believe all citizens of a prosperous country need access to a standard of medical care that is affordable and meets high standards for a quality life with an emphasis on preventive care. I believe that a taxing system needs to be fair and loopholes closed. I believe churches have become big business and should also pay taxes. I believe there are few "non-profits" since their executives are overpaid in most cases. I have many more beliefs that are always subject to exceptions and extenuating circumstances. I believe I am my brother's keeper and those to whom much good fortune has been provided much is expected in return.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Let's see, who took us into Iraq...? Seems the Republicans conveniently forget that.
Let's be fair. Under whose administration did we plunge headlong into Vietnam? Under whose did we finally stop that insanity? This isn't a partisan thing.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

I agree with you, Al, in principle. It's just that current Republicans are blaming the Obama administration for the economy, the deficit and still being in Iraq. I am specifically referring to those pieces today. Your words fit my analysis precisely: one cannot throw out the Obama administration for these issues that were inherited. I guess one can if those debacles could rationally be fixed in 18 months. I don't believe 18 months is sufficient to fix them. It certainly took longer to get us in this mess. Sort of like losing weight. It's a lot more difficult to take it off than put it on. I am not referring to any other elections or historical issue but would be happy to in another context.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 pm

dkchristi wrote:
It's just that current Republicans are blaming the Obama administration for the economy, the deficit and still being in Iraq.
That's politics as usual. The other major flaw with democracy (these days) is that from the first day following an election, the winner is running for re-election or stumping for his successor, and the loser is campaigning to discredit the winner's performance, irrespective of the issues and their origins.

One reason that both sides vehemently oppose a reduction in defense spending is that it would weaken their ability to protect the status quo from internal revolution. If you put all the guns in the hands of the people, in today's political climate, you would have a successful uprising. And then we'd be complaining about the new guys. If they'd allow it.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:53 pm

11/2/2010

The French Revolution all over again !
without the blade , darn !

Cheers.Joe
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 am

How long does the election process last?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:37 am

builder wrote:
How long does the election process last?

It is never-ending.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:53 am

DK expresses my sentiments and does it better than I could.

When any President takes action that is in the best interest of the country and its citizens, that action should be supported. Unfortunately, the opposing political party will attempt to kill the action while waving the flag. Liberty and justice for all?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 am

11/2/2010

The process in this country is too long and costs Millions $$$$$$$$$$$
It has to change for all elections, they should be allowed to run only
for 6 months, only 1 million dollars to spend by law, free air time, that's
it ! The people have spoken , our system is too corrupt both democrats
and republicans...Oh yes only one term for congress and senate and the
President....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 am

One of the candidates for Governor for the State of Florida literallly bought his way into candidacy and now possibly into the governorship. So far the only thing he has said in his campaigns at great expense is "Let's Get to Work." He has mastered the subliminal "nothing," the ability to say nothing substantive and offer nothing substantive, looks good and was an executive for a company that was indicted for millions in fraud against the government. He obviously needs a new career; he made enough money to decide he wanted to be governor for his retirement career so instead of a new Lexus, he bought a slot on the ballot.

If we elect him in this state, we get what we deserve. The only saving grace is that no person is generally as bad as we expect (there are enough competent people around them to keep things going) or as good as we expect (there are enough people of the opposition to take away the glory.)

Last edited by dkchristi on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Billionaire former EBay CEO [color:8aea=#366388 ! important][color:8aea=#366388 ! important]Meg [color:8aea=#366388 ! important]Whitman, who looks likely to lose her bid to be California's next governor, says she doesn't regret spending a record-breaking $141.5 million of her own cash on the race.

Oh well, there goes my plan to run next year... just can't come up with $141.5 million of personal cash in addition to whatever the party provides...
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

DK,
You are in good company. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?   WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHO WILL WIN THE ELECTIONS ON TUESDAY ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next