Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

CALLING ALL WOMEN

Go down 
+4
Carol Troestler
alj
Shelagh
alice
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am

"And face it -they LIKE it."

The rapist's defense?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:51 am

Quite the non-sequitor. She's part of that community and lifestyle. She raised her kids in it, and no doubt sent them to school where they teach all that great stuff, with her full support.

This is why 3rd world countries are 3rd world. I know that the proper term for them now is "developing" countries, but these countries have been "developing" for thousands of years. Why aren't they developed yet? Answer: Because they're happy the way they are.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:51 am

We are all connected. There are no boundary lines separating nations on the Earthrise photos. What happens to someone somewhere else has an effect on each of us right here right now. No woman can call herself independent when there are women anywhere suffering abuse - just because they are women.

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

Great. So I'll ask you -what is it you want me to do about it? What are you doing? Besides signing an online petition or something equally useless.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm posting my opinions on message boards, for one thing, and not just this one, and yes, signing petitions. Every time anyone makes a public statement, that adds one little bit to the consciousness of the larger community. I don't have the means to go there and stand against it, but I can add my comments and feelings to those already out there. Eventually, a critical mass may be reached, and the tide of thinking will start to turn. That one little candle, so to speak.

That's what I'm doing. That's just me. I have no right to want you to do anything.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Well I haven't done anything constructive yet. I have been trying to raise awareness of the situation.

Her son watched her beating and now is terrorized by the prospect of her stoning.
Her lawyer claims her only hope is public outrage.
It would be nice if we could do something to put a stop to this.

Bless you, Ann.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 am

Good news: They are not going to stone her. Next we need to work on getting her pardoned.
Public outrage is good.

Last edited by alice on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:18 am

Well done, Alice! I think you should be President of the World!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:28 am

7/9/2010

Alice..

This is a culture that is barbaric ! They're
never going to change...They look at us as we
are the infidels, I feel sorry for this woman..... As
I read once, many nuts will take the bible or Koran
and twist the words to their own evil advantage..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 am

Joe,

They may never change, but it does us good to keep an eye on them and publicize their atrocious ways.

Their morality is totally wanting. They attacked us because we are so morally bankrupt (9/11)

Who cares about adultery? Pretty tame compared to murder.

Shelagh, No, Please no!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:06 am

7/9/2010

Oh my God, I'm a witness for the
prosecution .........

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 am

Joe,

Never give up. We have come a long ways in humane treatment of men women and animals.

If we had said nothing would change, we'd still be beating prisoners, women and children and animals.

Fortunately public opinion shifts and those things are no longer tolerated.

"INCH BY INCH--LIFE IS A CINCH!"
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks, Alice. Some change is coming mighty slow, though.

Last edited by dkchristi on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:00 pm

True, better slow than never.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 am

Did some grocery shopping last evening, and one of the items in my basket was a rake for my little back yard. A "gentleman" (who was NOT shopping for groceries) saw my rake and commented, "Somebody is going to be put to work this weekend."

Clearly, from the statement, he did not see that "somebody" to be me. It seemed he was making an assumption that I was buying the rake for a male partner to whom I would be giving the job.

I have been putting in a lot of work on my little back yard recently, and have wished I had a better rake, so, I bought one. Being an independent single woman, I take care of my yard, as well as everything else, on my own and by myself.

This is a little thing, this assumption, but it speaks to bigger things. It speaks to the assumption that women need men to take care of certain jobs, and that they are willing to manipulate men into doing those jobs.

Manipulation is a tactic used by the less powerful to get those in control to do something for them.

I felt a strong resentment toward this poor male individual, but all I did was smile at him.

It gave me an immense feeling of being in control.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:45 pm

The common element of stereotypes is how wrong they are when applied to an entire group of people, especially when the roles of men and women are categorized into feminine and masculine tasks.

My niece and nephew were reaised in a traditional, right-wing, Christian home. There was no question about what roles were required of women and men.

Today, my niece can run circles around any auto mechanic. She played soccer in local leagues into her 20's. She has her own video production business. My nephew is an intellectual who works in a university think tank but also repairs his own car.

My niece finally broke up with her boyfriend because she figured he needed her to fix his car more than any love they might share.

There are as many of these stories as the assumption that women can't take care of themselves. The problem here is that to me it isn't an issue of taking care of yourself, it's the fact that two sets of hands are generally more efficient to divide and conquer life's tasks, regardless of who rakes and who washes dishes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Reminds me of the morning I was in line at the grocery store.

A brassy man said, " May I please go ahead of you I am in a hurry."

I still had to go home, shower, dress up, commute downtown and work for over 9 hours, then commute home.

I let him go ahead of me--obviously in his mind, I had nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:23 pm

alice wrote:
Who of you wishes to be accused of adultery then killed over it?

As you sat in jail pondering your end, would you want anyone to care?

Very curious.

First, if I am being accused of it and sitting in jail for it ... then I would want to actually be guilty of it.

And if I am going to die for it ... then I just hope that the sex was with a gorgeous sexy hunk who gave me the best mind blowing and amazing sex of my life and that it was worth it.

CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 986286 CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 986286 CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 986286
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Jo Elle,

I am so glad to see you. I think of you often--everytime I see a big truck.
Stay here!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

I get more disturbed daily. Women should not tolerate this situation.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 pm

alj wrote:
Clearly, from the statement, he did not see that "somebody" to be me. It seemed he was making an assumption that I was buying the rake for a male partner to whom I would be giving the job.

This is a little thing, this assumption, but it speaks to bigger things. It speaks to the assumption that women need men to take care of certain jobs, and that they are willing to manipulate men into doing those jobs.

I think you are making more out of this than is warranted. It just sounds like the kind of chit-chat strangers make when they're trying to be friendly. Also, IME, more men do yardwork then women, and often because the women nagged them to do it (the "honey-do" list).
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:56 pm

JoElle wrote:
First, if I am being accused of it and sitting in jail for it ... then I would want to actually be guilty of it.

And if I am going to die for it ... then I just hope that the sex was with a gorgeous sexy hunk who gave me the best mind blowing and amazing sex of my life and that it was worth it.

lol ... yeah, bummer to be stoned for anything less. Smile
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:34 am

What disturbs me is that women have tolerated torture and unfair treatment. We should band together and stop this.

Anywhere in the world if a woman is being abused we need to rise up against it.

We should not belong to religions that minimize us . One generation could change all of this.

Children should never be hit.

Girls get used to being mistreated and boys become aggressive.
After all, mothers rear these savages.

I am blaming the victim, but in this case it is warranted. we need to get busy and stop this outrage.

Last edited by alice on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:34 am

LC wrote:
alj wrote:

I think you are making more out of this than is warranted. It just sounds like the kind of chit-chat strangers make when they're trying to be friendly. Also, IME, more men do yardwork then women, and often because the women nagged them to do it (the "honey-do" list).

My mother -in-law did all of the yard work--while her husband womanized!
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 pm

alice wrote:
What disturbs me is that women have tolerated torture and unfair treatment. We should band together and stop this.

Anywhere in the world if a woman is being abused we need to rise up against it.

We should not belong to religions that minimize us . One generation could change all of this.

I hate to get into religious/political discussions. And I hope I don't offend anyone by commenting on this topic. (I know I joked about this thread earlier ... but it was before I saw what the basis of the discussion was.)

I agree it is wrong for women to be treated as a lesser human.

However wrong it is, it is going to take longer than one generation for it to end worldwide. It has taken hundreds of years for women to be treated close to fairly in this 'advanced and modern' country.

It is not going to happen overnight elsewhere. People can not be forced to change hundreds of years of thinking. Especially if the pressure to change their thinking comes from this country which is not 'respected' by those of old way thinking.

Consider:

The treating of women as property is Bible based in many people's opinions. Men are called women's owners/masters in the Bible.

Not long ago before people crossed the ocean to this country women were married off by their parents and girls had no say so as to who they ended up with. Women were still property. They were not viewed as having a voice or a need of a education. They were considered intelligently inferior.

Until recently in THIS country a girl could be married off due to arrangements made by her father. She had no say so. It was less than a hundred years ago (1920) that we even had the right to vote in this country.

Less than a hundred years ago women were not allowed into certain colleges. Women were not firefighters, doctors, lawyers, police officers, etc.

Less than a hundred years ago women did not earn the same as a man for the same work performed.

We are very recently being treated as humans and equals.

What is happening in other parts of the world isn't right, but that doesn't mean it will change anytime soon.

And just like it took women here to stand up for themselves. It will take women, in those parts of the world, to stand up. And when they are ready, they will.

Even today, in this country, many (if not most) men still want a son to carry on their name ... because the girl 'loses' her name when she marries. Again, making her the 'property' of the man she marries.

Last edited by JoElle on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL WOMEN   CALLING ALL WOMEN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL WOMEN
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next