Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Fun with small rockets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Fun with small rockets Empty
PostSubject: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 am

How fanciful a thought to be able to send a small private satellite into space... and for it to then relay back pictures of the Earth, the sky and the stars to your own private living room TV set. I have often dreamed of such journeys up to the stratosphere, that reveal the curvature of the Earth and the black horizon of outer space beyond the fringes of the upper atmosphere of our world.

To launch such rockets to orbit means getting air space clearance and overcoming many governmental and legal restrictions. In other words... it's next to impossible for a private individual or enterprise that isn't listed on the NYSE with a stockmarket capitalisation above $1 billion Fun with small rockets Icon_exclaim .

To quench one's thirst for such unmanned aerial reconnaisance adventures, all hope is not lost... as I discovered from my own "microscale" aerospace program back in 2003:

http://www.astroscience.org/abdul-ahad/rocketry.htm

Fun with small rockets Ascent3pre-launch

Fun with small rockets Icon_biggrin

Last edited by A Ahad on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 am

Fun with small rockets ExpressLoveAndRocketsFun with small rockets Images%3Fq%3Dlove%2Band%2Brockets%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:19 pm

A Ahad wrote:
To launch such rockets to orbit means getting air space clearance and overcoming many governmental and legal restrictions. In other words... it's next to impossible for a private individual or enterprise that isn't listed on the NYSE with a stockmarket capitalisation above $1 billion

So just do like everyone else, aim a powerful telescope at your neighbor's window. lol
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Fun with small rockets Love05a
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:18 pm

How mature of a reader does one have to be?
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:47 pm

I was wondering if readers really have to be bi
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:29 am

Lin,
I've always wondered why love and rockets were associated.

Here are the in-flight images of the distant payload from the rocket coming down on a parachute at the end of the powered flight (shown by a vapour trail at right):

Fun with small rockets Inflight1

Fun with small rockets Inflightthumb2

Fun with small rockets Inflightthumb3

One of the earliest rockets I launched was a fireworks job that took a packet of sycamore seeds up to 500 feet into the sky. When it exploded at the end of the vertical flight, the idea was to see the sycamore seeds helicoptering down to the ground in their spiralling motion as they do.

Fun with small rockets 006245
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 pm

of course then there are some who may perceive these 20 centimetre long rockets of mine as "weapons of mass destruction"!

Fun with small rockets Lol
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Might be that last picture
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Dear Abdul,
The red maple seeds do the same heliocopter flight down to earth. I loved the rocket that released the sycamore seeds to float down to earth. Beautiful!

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 am

It's all fun, Betty and it helps one to experience rocketry beyond books and television. BTW, I do like those roses on your avatar Fun with small rockets Icon_biggrin

Everyone surely knows about the "moon trees" of America?

It happens to be an extraordinary coincidence that the astronauts of Apollo 14 took sycamore seeds (along with four other varieties of tree seeds) to the Moon and back.

At least 400 of these seeds are likely to have germinated after they'd been brought back to earth and are now flourishing into full grown trees in some part of the States.

http://www.ecoisp.com/goodnews23.asp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun with small rockets   Fun with small rockets Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun with small rockets
Page 1 of 1