Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. Empty
PostSubject: The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.   The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 am

Not being a gardener myself my knowledge of plants and flowers is often wanting. Today I was looking over the collection of plants given to my wife last Sunday and found one of them to be a Peace Lilly.
The instructions that came with this plant included a warning about not touching the leaves which can cause irritation on the skin.

How ironic a plant that has been named a Peace Lilly is really a source of irritation.
Is it an illustration of how difficult actually keeping the peace really is?
Or perhaps how irritation often comes in the name of peace?

Maybe you are supposed to give one of these plants to an enemy, fooling them into thinking you are gesturing a desire for peace but really extracting revenge. The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.   The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 am

They are beautiful plants with white flowers often given as gifts. But they wilt quickly and need watering frequently, much more than my other hardy plants.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.   The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I love peace lilies. They live in the kitchen. Here, we call them the kitchen lily. I have a giant one in the livingroom, a normal one in the bathroom and a small one in the bedroom, and a large one on the porch. They live on and on and on. They become almost aquatic because of their big roots and water need. But, they do not mind being in the same pot for years on end. I touch mine all over the place and have never noticed any peculiar reaction. I must be tough skinned.

People put a fish in a big flower vase, add a peace litly to the top and never have to do anything but add a little water once in a while. That is a popular thing to give to old people in nursing homes. They can watch the fish swimming and the roots growing.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.   The Peace Lilly an ironic plant. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Peace Lilly an ironic plant.
Page 1 of 1