Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two Empty
PostSubject: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:16 am

Yesterday I had to deal with a dog slow internet connection. It made doing everything...painfully...slow. Today's its back to normal.

Yesterday I made a copy of Asimia, my mythical post Atlantis pre Europe continent. I'm trying to find the time and ambition to supersize it and make it all pretty like. It'll be work and it'll be worth it once I'm done.

Meanwhile, I am hard at work on my new Thorkettle novel, "The Missing God." It's been slow to start up but it's trundling along. My computer issues haven't helped.

A publisher wants to look at the first Thorkettle novel. I sent the query off as a bet to my friend. I lost that bet when it wasn't rejected. They wanted to see the whole MS. Funny how life works.

I set the first novel at the end of Thorkettle's timeline, which I now regret because I have to be careful to avoid the things Thorkettle discovered in that novel. Maybe regret is too strong a word. Maybe "I could have done it better". Maybe I'll rewrite it someday.

The first Thorkettle novel was set at the end of ten years of adventure, when he returns home, becomes king and "Lives happily ever after". The new novel is set several years before. I may actually have to work out the timeline for him. Good thing four of those years was when he was enslaved in the mines.

Thus it goes:

The Bride of Thorkettle, novel, complete
The Staff of Osiris, short story, prequel, complete
The Eye of the Cauldron, short story, second draft in progress
The Missing God, novel, prequel in progress

The Eye of the Cauldron is a prequel and a bridge to any direct sequel to The Bride of Thorkettle.

Maybe I should work on that map.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:26 am

Keep plugging along. Seems you are very active.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

Actively boring. That's what we need more of.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

lin wrote:
Actively boring. That's what we need more of.

No one is forcing you to read it.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Now you tell me. (And in one those typically original ripostes)
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two   Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two Empty

Back to top Go down

Zizban's Boring Blog, Day Two
Page 1 of 1