Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. Empty
PostSubject: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm

What I am sick of:

Candies that do not taste like grape when they are sold as grape.

Little kids who think you are a nit-wit because you have a wrinkle or two.

Sidewalks with big cracks that weeds grow through.

Old men who leer at you when you walk by. (sometime making audible comments about the sagging of your boobs)

Small, small things in the circle of living. Mostly I am glad to be alive,

I am glad to see the sun each morning even if it has a cloud. I am glad I have children and friends and a man who comes home every night and has nice things to say. I am glad that I have food to cook and that I do not have to worry about that part.

I think about the posters on this message board who get their ass in an uproar and leave. I am not talking just about Alice, but the rest of you who have thought that your thought is better than any thought posted and stomped off in a fit. The list is long. Leaving does not help anyone. Every one who leaves in a fit....well children do that. It solves nothing. It does not make you feel better, just angry.

We are word merchants. Why cannot we put the words here that express our opinion well enough that it does not set off a bonfire or sparks. We fail.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Betty,

Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 572534 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 950944

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 pm

2/14/2010

Betty... Very Happy

" I love it ! "

Love Joe. Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 986286 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 401565 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 973110 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 931984 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 46482 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 354181 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 607436 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 950944 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 499995 Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. 710456
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm

I can't think of anything to be sick of tonight. I just got back from a small local theater production of Jake's Women, a semi-autobiographical play by Neil Simon. It's about a writer who lives inside his head. He creates these scenes within his own mind about the women in his life. In his internal existence, he has complete control over them. they say precisely what he wants him to say. In the end, he comes to realize that the reason his real relationships fail is that he cannot be in control of those actual individuals. As a writer, Jake says, when things go wrong, you can always rewrite.

I got a little bit closer to the mystery of why we writers write. It was a lovely evening.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:12 am

Me I'm sick of doing a job that often takes me so far from home, getting me up in the wee hours of the morning to leave at 5:00am so I can be on site for 7:30am and my boss expecting me to be in that area until 5pm before I go home. Leaving London at 5:00pm means rush hour traffic and getting home around 8:00pm. 18 hour days are getting too much and I need to get another job before my health suffers.
There are lots of things about my day job that are getting me down lately.
But I can often relax when I partake of this board with all you wonderful folk.
So me? Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. Icon_smile I'm staying here to get some more inspiration.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 am

2/14/2010

David..

I know what you mean..I used to work
for a major Dept. Store beginning with a " K " and it was
brutal for my health , getting up at 3:00 AM to make sure
I had plenty of time to get ready and be there by 5:00 AM
and the peculiar thing is they didn't give a dam for their
employees, if you bitched about it, they made sure you were
on their shit list as we say here in the USA. So I retired ...
Trust me I don't miss it one bit ! Retail in the USA has
changed for the worst...I was working a gallery for 10 yrs
so I hadn't been in regular retail all that time.. I have a
heart condition and it affected my health, now I'm happy, I
do feel sorry for the ones still working there....David change
your life before it affects your health..

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:42 am

alj wrote:
I can't think of anything to be sick of tonight. I just got back from a small local theater production of Jake's Women, a semi-autobiographical play by Neil Simon. It's about a writer who lives inside his head. He creates these scenes within his own mind about the women in his life. In his internal existence, he has complete control over them. they say precisely what he wants him to say. In the end, he comes to realize that the reason his real relationships fail is that he cannot be in control of those actual individuals. As a writer, Jake says, when things go wrong, you can always rewrite.

I got a little bit closer to the mystery of why we writers write. It was a lovely evening.

Ann

I like the whole idea behind that play, Ann. Control is the word that has come to mind. No one here can control what another says. But before we get to the whole "freedom of speech" issue, that isn't what it is about at all. It is about action and reaction to the words of others, but not only the words themselves, but the meaning behind the words, what we think the person has said, what we think they have meant. We try to figure things out, but sometimes we just aren't right at all. And sometimes the fun of life is stepping back and letting it happen.

And Betty, I love your phrase "merchants of words."

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
crooker

PostSubject: I am not mad!   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 am

Clarification:

I do not think my ideas are better than anyone elses. I am not mad, I am simply gone.

It is a matter of self-preservation. I don't know how long I will live and neither does anyone here. If you enjoy yourself here--good stay and enjoy.

Alot of my friends have left either by death or choice. It is high time I moved on.

Anyone wishing to contact me will receive an answer.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Dear Alice who is not here,

I never thought you thought that your ideas were the be all. You are a kind person with a great wit, an unusual writing talent and lots of friends because you are a nice person.

Early in my childhood I understood that some people did not like me. It could be because I stunk, I had funny shoes, and it boiled down to the people who wanted to feel superior did. They needed it. I did not need them to feel wonderful about themselves by makeing me feel less.

Somehow, we never get past someone lording it over. They seem to win, we feel like we lost.

Like you, I went and hid. I had many hiding places and ways to avoid the nasties of this world. Hiding always made them stronger, me weaker and more afraid.

Right now, even Pier could not back me down. I will not be run off by words posted out of people's mouths that I never met. People who never listened to my thought.
Alice,
I say again,
Balderdash. There is no stress here, only people who have no manners. People who go behind your back and do secret emails are cowards. I say that openly. All those people who wrote to Lin complaining, let them come forth and post it here. Let them tell how your simple words have hurt their life. How they are so small that they have to talk behind backs to make themselves feel important.

Anyone who hates me, let it roll on out right here on this board. Do NOT send secret messages that laugh behind backs. It is not adult, it is not right.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.   Where is the sick of it thread?  I had stuff to add. Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is the sick of it thread? I had stuff to add.
Page 1 of 1