Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Yo ho ho...mate.

Go down 
+3
dkchristi
LC
Domenic Pappalardo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:32 pm

I have a new place to write. I bought a 28' columbia saliboat.

Domenic
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Very cool. Where are you sailing it to?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I sail on San Francisco Bay. The boat has a $10,000 value. I won the bid at action for $1,800

Domenic
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Nothing beats a bargain. I hear real estate is a big bargain over there now, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm envious. I once lived on a 70' (depending on whether you counted the 6 foot bowsprit) ketch and miss sailing...only went once since on a 36' and was seasick.

I also miss San Francisco - I lived in Sunnyvale, Mountain View, and Cupertino in the 70's - left my heart there.

I'm not sure I'd want to sail the bay - so much fog. Many nightmares from the fog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:54 pm

The ex and I had a 26' Pearson MORC sloop. Not big enough to live on comfortably, but it had a head in the forward cabin and a gimbal stove over the icebox. We had some great weekends on it. I have written stories about it, but never wrote on it.

Have fun!

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

I wrote most of Arirang: The Bamboo Connection in the three years sailing in the Caribbean on Lady Ace. Of course, many of those adventures influence the stories in Arirang: The Bamboo Connection and the thoughts expressed by the characters. On the otherhand, I had lots of time to write - and the original book had a thousand pages, 500 of which were cut in the edit.

What added up to about five years of not working for a salary cut a hole in my other career that took years to mend, never really mended completely. My only hope for retirement from a salary is to write a blockbuster :-)

I had a 25 foot sloop with the v-birth and gimble stove and pop top. We took it to the Thousand Islands in the Everglades and wondered about the smoke coming toward us - it was mosquito swarms - Would you believe, we had three six foot teenagers, one six foot spouse and me sleeping in that little boat that night after we finally had enough coils burning to poison us for life but end the blood letting......
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Mosquitos suck.

Domenic, I hope you have a blast. I also hope you know know to sail.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:35 pm

I think sailing in the Bay is a challenge in itself....good luck and good times....
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:23 pm

How do I put a picture in?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:28 am

Set up your own folder in the Gallery to upload the photo, and then copy and paste the code into a post.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 am

Domenic,
With wind in the sails, PC in your lap, rocking with the waves, you're bound to have an interesting experience.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:22 pm

You are welcome aboard anytime Abe.

Domenic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yo ho ho...mate. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo ho ho...mate.   Yo ho ho...mate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Yo ho ho...mate.
Page 1 of 1