Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5 Empty
PostSubject: Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5   Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 am

When I was in graduate school, I took a course on Creativity. I still had four children at home and needed to spend as little time as possible driving to the campus 45 minutes from home. So I took Creativity because it met six times in the semester, an entire day each time. I didn't think it had anything to do with social work or life, but its fascination hooked me, and I realized it had everything to do with everyone's life. It is the one course that I felt helped me be successful as a business woman. You would have thought it was a course in finance, but we were creating something that grew and evolved.

I really love writing about things like this. I'd love to see more answers. To me they are at the very core of being a writer. But the creativity doesn't just come in the form of writing but in many other qualities of life, like LC said in how she dresses.

3. How do you view the relationship between all three ideas?

4. How has the culture and society you live in influenced art, creativity and spirit in your life?

5. How do art, creativity, and spirit relate to your metaphysical (religious) and psychological views?
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5   Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 am

I love these questions, Carol. Thanks for posting them.

3. How do you view the relationship between all three ideas?

I see them all as being interconnected. When creativity comes through spirit, art is generally the result.

4. How has the culture and society you live in influenced art, creativity and spirit in your life?

Sometimes I think, they(culture and society) have stifled them(art, creativity, and spirit). I think art, especially is about newness, and newness is about change. Culture and society don't often support change. Listening to spirit, finding creative solutions, and expressing them in art are all about moving culture and society forward.

5. How do art, creativity, and spirit relate to your metaphysical (religious) and psychological views?

As a Jungian, I see a strong connection between psychology and metaphysics, and the symbols found in metaphysics as being strongly connected to art.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com

Questions on art, spirituality and creativity. 3,4,5
Page 1 of 1