Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

www.webs.com discovery

Go down 
+6
dmondeo
Phil Whitley
Dick Stodghill
Shelagh
Abe F. March
dkchristi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: www.webs.com discovery   www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:25 am

14 secretaries wouldn't be enough! I have just joined a golf club. I haven't quite worked out how I've got the time ... but my husband has! Joint membership, of course (pun intended!).

www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 Image_findus

www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 Beautiful
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: www.webs.com discovery   www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 am

Abe F. March wrote:
You are right Shelagh. I've done lots of promotion on the web but haven't seen any increase in sales. I'm of the opinion that the people viewing those sites are those promoting their own books. Finding a site that promotes to the general public is what we all want. Other than Amazon, there doesn't appear to be many choices. Getting Google hits hasn't done much either.

I agree with you Abe. What is the point of advertising our books on sites only visited by writers who just want to advertise their books?

My book is not the sort of book that would interest most of these folk so I would not expect any of them to buy it. I guess it's a little like trying to sell meat at a vegetarian convention.

My day job takes me into a lot of Borders book stores, every day I see shelves of books I never knew existed by authors I never heard of.
My point being that even in an established book store a book needs to be promoted to be seen, not left on a shelf camouflaged by all the others on the shelf. I doubt for instance that my book on Amazon is even looked at although the page is on the site. Most browsing internet shoppers are looking for something in particular, they most likely are there for only one thing and go elseware when they find it.

Nobody searches the entire site just browsing. I guess we the authors will have to do something unusual to get our work in the public eye.
How about a published authors naked ramble. A sponsored naked hike through the cactus fields in Mexico.

Sorry my medication wore off for a moment there. www.webs.com discovery - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

www.webs.com discovery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: