Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Sideshows and Grandstanders

Go down 
+11
alj
Abe F. March
dkchristi
zadaconnaway
Carol Troestler
Shelagh
W. Lane Rogers
alice
RunsWithScissors
Dick Stodghill
dtpollard
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 am

Hell has frozen over, I agree with Lin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 am

LC wrote:
Shelagh wrote:
So far, I have managed to weed out the lurkers who joined to spy, while allowing new members onto the forum.

The whole forum wasn't private though, right? How are you going to attract new members with a completely private forum?
We don't need new members per se. We may need new posting members. The membership is 458. Less than 58 of those members post on a regular basis.

As for making the forum private, I know when my posts will be ported to the blog and when they won't. I can post on the controversial threads on Chatter Box and put information onto the public boards. If members here have seen the same as me when they posted on the public boards, then they will have reached the same conclusion. We all know exactly what is going on and who is involved.

I am about to delete the remaining twenty of Marie's posts. After this process has been completed, members here will have to accept responsibility for anything they post. I have done as much as I am prepared to do.

Before anyone asks, I will not be dealing with any problems that arise from the blog that are of the members own making. I have done more than any other administrator or moderator would have been prepared to do. My work is finished. I don't want to hear any complaints about the blog/blogger. You are all on your own from now on.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 am

Shelagh wrote:
lin wrote:
You ARE carrying it around. All you have to do is set it down and walk off.
I am about to do that. It isn't your forum or your responsibility. I run the networks and groups. I have to do what is right for me, not what is right for you.
This is not me being aggressive or unfriendly. You shouted at me (all caps), I did not shout back or sock you in the eye. I may very well be giving this more time than you would be prepared to give it. I'm not you. I admitted a few days ago that I am different and that, what is more, I like being different. I am just as much a friend to you (and I was accused of being unprofessional on LinkedIn for treating you like a friend!) now as I ever was.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am

I haven't complained about the blogger and have no idea what you're talking about now.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 am

THANK YOU, SHELAGH!

I am glad you are you. Keep on being yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 am

LC wrote:
I haven't complained about the blogger and have no idea what you're talking about now.
I'm not talking about past complaints, LC.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 am

alice wrote:
THANK YOU, SHELAGH!

I am glad you are you. Keep on being yourself.
Thanks Alice! I think we can all see light at the end of the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Ockham's razor   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Shelagh, regarding plagiarists you offer two solutions and solicit advice. I would follow William of Ockham (1285-1349) he wrote what can be done with fewer assumptions is done in vane with more. In this situation it would mean ban a few rather than make all the forum private and affect many.

If I were in your shoes I would not be able to ignore the spite and vile either. I think you are handling things really well.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks Mike! Things are going exactly the way I planned and I have no complaints. As long as everyone else feels the same way, we will come out of this better, stronger and with a greater understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sideshows and Grandstanders   Sideshows and Grandstanders - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sideshows and Grandstanders
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: