Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Anyone take fish oil?

Go down 
+12
Domenic Pappalardo
Helen Wisocki
Dick Stodghill
JoElle
E. Don Harpe
Don Stephens
Betty Fasig
Phil Whitley
Carol Troestler
alj
RunsWithScissors
alice
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Anyone take fish oil? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Does anyone here take fish oil pills?
Do you like them and do they do you any good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:43 pm

I take 'em! Twice a day and they help lower my cholesterol (why does that word look funny?), keep my heart in good shape and helps (** ahem **) keep me "regular." I have had zero adverse affects from taking fish oil.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:18 pm

I take flaxseed oil. It's as high in Omega-3's and doesn't taste or smell fishy. Along with some Evening Primrose Oil, they did a very good job of keeping me from needing hormone therapy a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:04 pm

I think my mom gave me too much cod liver oil as a kid, because I am allergic to any substances with fish oil, except some kinds of fish.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I've been taking fish oil for several years now. In addition to all the
things listed above that it's good for, I think it has helped my old,
sun-damaged skin. I take two 1200 mg softgels every day with a meal,
then one more at bedtime. I also take tumeric for the curcuminoids it
contains. Look it up - it's good stuff!

We simil-posted, Carol. When I was a kid my mom gave me cod liver oil.
I had to pretend I didn't like it so she wouldn't make me quit sneaking
it. I believe that's where I acquired my love of sardines!
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm

My doctor prescribed flaxseed oil. She said it was just as good as fish oil and did not give you the fishy burps. I think it is helping my skin and my wrinkles. I wondered what it would do if I openen up the gel cap and smeared it on my face. People used to do that with vitamin E, not that it helped anything. She prescribed it for my heart health along with CO-Q-10.

I think it is supposed to be good for people who have prostate and hormonal issues as well.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 pm

Twisted Evil

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 pm

How much do you give her, Don? I'd like to try it for my Poms, but they're a lot smaller than your poodle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Harpe,

The pills are 1100mg and he has me give her two in the morning and two at night. It cleared up her itching within a couple weeks. He has me buy it over the counter for human's at Sam's it's about half what he would charge.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Dear Don,
I would like to try that for my Sara. She is 12 pounds. What do you think? She itches all the time. The vet here said she was alergic.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:06 pm

alj wrote:
I take flaxseed oil. It's as high in Omega-3's and doesn't taste or smell fishy. Along with some Evening Primrose Oil, they did a very good job of keeping me from needing hormone therapy a few years ago.

Used to take it. Now I take ... let me see ... got a dozen bottles here.

Besides my daily vitamin, I take Flaxseed oil and Evening Primrose too. Like Brenda said, flax is good on the Omega 3.

Evening Primrose is a great girlie supplement.

I also take biotin, it is great for hair and nails.

And I take glucosamine for the joints that aren't as young as they were.

And I take a combination of bee pollen/ bee propolis/ and royal jelly stuff is good for keeping cooties away.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also take an ounce or two of pure Goji juice (mixed with two ounces of cranberry juice ... for taste) every day. Super charged with antioxidants. Since I've been taking Goji I've noticed improved skin, more flexibility, more energy, better sleep, improved mood. The stuff is just good for you.

Last edited by JoElle on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Twisted Evil

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:17 pm

D. J. (Don) Stephens wrote:
Joelle,

I take the glucosamine for my feet (Club feet surgery as an infant), I swear by it. Without it I can't get out of bed in the morning.

I double swear it.

I won't let myself run out of it. I ran out once and went almost a week without. Had no idea how much pain I could have in my knees. Could barely climb in and out of my truck.

Because I take it regularly I completely forget my knees are an issue. I hop around and walk with energy like I am little miss athlete. But whooo, forget if for a couple of days and my knee will remind me I am a grandma and not 20 anymore.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:24 pm

I do the glucosamine/chondroitin for my joints, calcium for my bones, and St. John's Wort for depression, among others that I can't think of. I am all for herbal/natural supplements over heavy drugs. You have to be careful, though, and check them out. I know a herbalist and consult her when something new comes up.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Dear Don,
I do wish I could have mastered that teeth brushing trick. My dogs would probably take off a finger or two. I will try the one pill on Sara and I imagine it would do them all good. Wooffer is close to 16 now and getting a little hard of hearing and a little blind but he is still himself, one of a kind.
Your dogs are really lovely, as you are your own self.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:18 pm

I am impressed, Don, Your dogs are much better behaved than most children are. flower flower flower

What is your secret?
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Now if someone could tell me how to recover from asthmatic/bronchitis that would be good. I should have known when I began to get depressed I was getting a chronic asthma condition I get now and then. I've got allergy medicine, inhalers, antibiotics, and am drinking lots of good drinks.

Today I found another use for my "bed buddy," a wonderful smooshy bean filled contraption you put in the micro for one minute 45 seconds and then place on whatever hurts and it molds to your body parts with warmth. I've used this as a comfort for many things the past year and now found out it does help bronchitis.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Carol,

You poor dear. You'd think you could skp something. I guess, "when it ranis it pours. "

It is time the sun began to shine for you. Anyone take fish oil? 588578
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 pm

clown

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

Carol Troestler wrote:
Now if someone could tell me how to recover from asthmatic/bronchitis that would be good. I should have known when I began to get depressed I was getting a chronic asthma condition I get now and then. I've got allergy medicine, inhalers, antibiotics, and am drinking lots of good drinks.

Today I found another use for my "bed buddy," a wonderful smooshy bean filled contraption you put in the micro for one minute 45 seconds and then place on whatever hurts and it molds to your body parts with warmth. I've used this as a comfort for many things the past year and now found out it does help bronchitis.

Carol

Hi Carol,

My daughter in law has asthma and has found Red Clover beneficial. Red Clover is sold in most healthfood and vitamin stores.

Also, though I don't have asthma I found this stuff helpful when I get congested (and I've read some customers with asthma found it helpful): http://www.clearmyhead.com/product.html

I also have a microwaveable smooshy thingy. But mine is also filled with an aromatherapy herb blend. So, it FEELS yummy warm on the chest or back ... but the herbs also smell good and clears the nose and head.

Last edited by JoElle on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 am

Fish oil? Yuck! I didn't get where I am today be swallowing fish oil. I do live by a few rules:
#1 Never do anything a doctor tells you to do.
#2 Break Rule 1 by taking any pills the doc prescribes.
#3 Never ask why you are taking the pills.
#4 Never enter a big box discount store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:41 am

Good thinking and living, Dick.

I try to take the pills.

You All,

Thanks for your motivation. I thought, 'If those people and dogs can stand this I can too.'

I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Alice, I've wondered lately about fish oil, too. I see ads for it, but wondered what it was for.

Does it mean that you've now tried it and it's awful?
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 pm

COD LIVER OIL....oh God. Every day when I was Kid. My doctor gave me some capsules to reduce blood fat, and high blood pressure. I opened one to see what was in it...Yes it was...COD LIVER OIL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone take fish oil?   Anyone take fish oil? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone take fish oil?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: