Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

help me decide on publishing company

Go down 
+4
Shelagh
Abe F. March
Don Stephens
jen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-03

help me decide on publishing company Empty
PostSubject: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 am

I am brand new to the forum and would like some help...Does anyone know if Eloquent Books is a good, safe, publishing company? I am trying to research it and it seems great, but I don't want to make a mistake with signing a contract with them if they are not even heard of...please advise.
Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 am

Jennifer,
help me decide on publishing company 591890 help me decide on publishing company 591890 help me decide on publishing company 591890 WELCOME help me decide on publishing company 591890 help me decide on publishing company 591890 help me decide on publishing company 591890

It appears that Eloguent Books and it's holding company are currently under investigation by the Florida Attorney General; http://tinyurl.com/5la443 you might also check out http://www.sfwa.org/beware/general.html#Literary

BEWARE!!!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

Welcome Jennifer.
Take Don's advice. Don't rush into anything.
Back to top Go down
jen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 am

thank you for the information. So I assume this is not the best choice for me...I just hate having to turn down contracts since I am a first time author, I'm afraid I won't get more chances. I've turned down 2 already...Tate Publishing wanted 4 grand to publish and PublishAmerica...which I read all kinds of no no's on. I thought this one might actually be legitimate. It's discouraging.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the forum! Quite a number of members here had their first book published by PublishAmerica and then secured contracts with small press publishers. Don, Abe and I are all PublishAmerica authors.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Jen,

You've got mail!
Back to top Go down
Garmar

Garmar

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi, Jen. And welcome to the forum!

help me decide on publishing company 591890
Back to top Go down
http://review-group.forumotion.com/forum.htm
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jen. Take your time and do the research. Dont' be in a hurry to sign anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:45 am

help me decide on publishing company 591890
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 am

Jen Welcome.
There are a lot of good wise people on this forum.
Their advice is worth millions and they won't charge you a penny for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help me decide on publishing company   help me decide on publishing company Empty

Back to top Go down

help me decide on publishing company
Page 1 of 1