Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

First Post on TARP Town U S A

Go down 
+9
thehairymob
Shelagh
A Ahad
Abe F. March
zadaconnaway
Carol Troestler
alice
alj
dtpollard
13 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

First Post on TARP Town U S A Empty
PostSubject: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:15 pm

As I mention earlier I have been working on my new book. It is partially populated on amazon. TARP Town U S A is the title. My website is updated to reflect the new book through Book Express Publishing.

First Post on TARP Town U S A Tarp_town_u_s_a_new_501k

The United States experienced the emergence of an economic crisis in the last quarter of 2008 that was the worst since the Great Depression. It quickly became evident that the cause of this financial meltdown was a perfect storm of multiple factors including irresponsibility, greed and lax oversight. Some hardworking citizens found themselves living in foreclosure riddled neighborhoods and tent cities that the author has labeled - TARP Towns - after the Troubled Assets Relief Program approved by Congress in October of 2008. ESSENCE bestselling author D T Pollard expresses a unique view on the economic crisis that exploded onto the scene in 2008 and describes how that financial downturn may save the United States of America from itself.

www.DTPollard.com

www.TARPTownUSA.us

www.BookExpressonline.com
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm really looking forward to reading this one!

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Me too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:36 pm

It sounds great DT.

Carol cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Bravo DT! Sounds like a timely book for the economic times we are facing right now. So many are down and out, out of jobs, luck and their homes. I hope you are right about it saving the nation! First Post on TARP Town U S A Congra15
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:41 pm

DT,
congratulations on a timely book. Writing about controversial current events is challenging. Feedback will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:31 am

First Post on TARP Town U S A 986286
A very poignant book for the current state of the world. I hope it does well...I'm sure it will! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:46 am

First Post on TARP Town U S A 931984 DT! Way to go!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:43 am

First Post on TARP Town U S A 931984
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:36 am

Tarp Town, lol. You may have coined a new phrase! Bet we'll see it in the papers soon. Smile

This recession is probably a good thing. Things were getting out of control. It's a reality check.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 8:52 am

On one of my rare occasions, I had it right. DT was writing and publishing while we were wondering where he was. My day job is just sapping my energy lately; I admire those of you who are popping off the books. The best I can do is a few short stories. I've started Virgin Odyssey, but it's too complicated for me; so, it'll be too complicated to read as well. Back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, DT, I checked out all you have posted; and you have been busy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:09 am

D K, it's tough to write, work and live all at the same time. There was only so much time and I poured any extra moments into doing this.

www.DTPollard.com

www.TARPTownUSA.us

www.BookExpressonline.com
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:09 am

Good luck with the book, DT. Sounds timely.

DK, don't play down short stories. Selling to the major markets is more difficult than selling a novel to a major publisher. I have a story in the June issue of one that gets more than 5,000 submissions a year and buys fewer than 100. It's tough going in that field.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Congratulations, D.T.!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Post on TARP Town U S A   First Post on TARP Town U S A Empty

Back to top Go down

First Post on TARP Town U S A
Page 1 of 1