Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New Website

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-04-21

New Website Empty
PostSubject: New Website   New Website EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Hello! I have established a new website for promoting my works. I would like to invite you to visit.

To visit my new website, please click the link below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you and God bless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wpom.org
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:40 pm

I read your site. You are asking for money to spread Gods word? Forgive me, I'm a slow thinking person, and not too smart. Are you saying that God need money to spread his word?
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Are you familiar with the concept of churches, domenic? If so, this is a pretty silly question to be asking someone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:55 pm

I am very familiar with the concepts of those behind the church system. If they understood the scriptures, and followed them...they would not ask for money to spread a word that was given to them free from the God they profess to serve. Perhaps they do know?
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptySun May 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Yeah, and perhaps you don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Did you just tell me to piss off?
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:14 am

FYI, In the first place, I would not even think of trying to do anything that would be against governmental policies. I am a member of International Minister's Forum and in affiliation with them, and my ministry comes under their covering. Furthermore, we have applied for and are awaiting for non-profit organization status.

In the second place, I am not charging anyone to spread the gospel. The books and booklets I have written, I have as much right to sell these as you or anyone else has to sell your books.

Thirdly, as a ministry, whether non-profit or otherwise, accepting donations is perfectly legal and I do not have to place anything on my websites to show our governmental status. I am not forcing anyone to send finances. The question is asked that IF anyone wishes to donate to help spread the gospel, they may do so.

Furthermore, if you will notice, the statement is made to make all checks payable to World Prophetic Outreach Ministries. You cannot get a bank account under a ministry name without going through proper state and governmental channels. If a check is written to WPOM (World Prophetic Outreach Ministries) and you do not have an account with that name on it, which as I said, has to be done legally, then you cannot deposit the check in any other account. Therefore, you would have to return the check and ask them to rewrite it and put a different name on it. This would be idiotic for me to do.

I want to thank you, E. Don, for your support on my behalf.

God bless!
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:48 am

Marie Pacha wrote:
BOYS!

I do have a comment about accepting donations. I believe you need to apply for status as a non-profit organization Preacher, and you still have to file Federal taxes for that organization.

You may have done so already, but I didn't see it posted on your site, and you should.

The following is written on the second page of my website: "The federal government recognizes International Minister's Forum as an Ecclesiastical Fellowship, which has been in existence since August 18, 1950."

I think by having that statement on my website, I basically am showing my position.

Also, as I stated earlier, I have filed for and am awaiting nonpropfit status as a separate ministry from International Minister's Forum. However, although ours is a separate ministry from IMF, my ministry will continue to come under the covering and the leadership of IMF, as they are my home church and affiliation, and I come under their church laws.

Accepting donations from those who desire to give is legal and it does not require any governmental status. I can donate a financial gift of any amount of money to you if I wanted to and it would be legal. However, you would have to report all donations that you receive and at tax time, you would have to declare all donations. As a non-profit organization, all donations have to be declared, however, as a non-profit organization, you cannot show a profit. If you do show a profit, you are required to pay taxes on that which you show as a profit, and then you would lose your non-profit status.

God bless!

Last edited by Preacher on Mon May 04, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:03 am

domenic Pappalardo wrote:
I read your site. You are asking for money to spread Gods word? Forgive me, I'm a slow thinking person, and not too smart. Are you saying that God need money to spread his word?

Spreading the gospel throughout the world is costly. I do not beg for money to do this. However, I think it is perfectly acceptable to ask for donations. After all, if it is alright for politicians to ask for and receive donations to finance their political campaigns, etc., don't you think it is equally alright for me or any other minister or church to ask for and receive donations to help spread the gospel?

I am not selling the Word of God. I am only selling my books and booklets, which I believe I have as much right to do as any other author. I am not even telling people that they HAVE to donate. I merely ask that IF they would like to donate to HELP spread the gospel, they may do so. I see no harm; it is not hypocritical; and it is perfectly legal.

No, God does not "need money to spread His word." However, I do need financial support to do the things I am doing. If you don't want to help, you have the right to withhold your money.

I think you need to understand the biblical principal of giving. It is evident that you do not understand or possibly may not know these concepts. Giving is scriptural and because of giving, this is what helps to spread the gospel.

I pray that you have a blessed day!
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:39 am

Marie Pacha wrote:
I'm sorry you took my comments as an attack, especially on religion. They were not meant as such.

I didn't say anything about your selling your books, nor would I. Obviously any profits from those go on your personal taxes, as do mine.

According to the website for World Prophetic Outreach Ministries you founded it in 2005.

It remains my understanding that any organization should not be receiving donations under tax-exempt status until that status has been approved. I could be mistaken, but I don't believe I am, and that was all I meant to point out.

This is an addendum, because you posted as I was typing.

Each state has different laws, but all fall under the same Federal statutes. I'm not an attorney or an accountant, but I have prepared my taxes as self-employed for years. But I am sure that you are going to have to have some status declared for your Ministry when you file taxes for it. If you are accepting "gifts" for it without non-profit status I'd presume you would have to file as a business, and then pay taxes on the gifts or donations.

I want to assure you that in no way do I think that you were attacking me or my ministry. So with that, I did not intend to make you think I was attacking you. I was merely trying to answer your question about legal staus.

You are correct about having to file if you receive financial donations. I have not had that problem until just recently, because, although my ministry was established in 2005, it has not received one cent in donations! I say it that way because I feel sort of disappointed in some ways. Many times I have entertained the idea of just throwing in the towel and giving up. But, I can't because I have a very strong desire to win lost souls to God. Therefore, I have paid for all that has happened in this ministry out of my own pocket.

I recently moved here to Missouri, therefore, I have to file for non-profit status in this state. Also, until recently, I have not received any donations to spread the gospel, therefore, it was not plausible to apply for non-profit status. But since I have been sent financial donations recently, I now have to file for non-profit status and, yes, at tax time, I will have to declare all monies received.

Like you, I am not attorney or an accountant. But I do have an attorney who is looking out for my interests and helping me to get legal status. I have been told that all this takes time, but that as long as I report all monies received at tax time, I will be alright (this coming from my attorney). Even my attorney is donating to my ministry. I asked how much I owe him for his fee, and he replied, "I'm donating my charges to your ministry and you owe me nothing."

All this legal stuff is over my head and I am happy that I have an attorney to help me stay legal. Believe me, I have done my home work and I will keep my attorney busy, I'm sure.

Thank you and God bless!
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:20 am

Good site Preacher.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:42 am

thehairymob wrote:
Good site Preacher.

Thank you very much!

God bless!
Back to top Go down
Garmar

Garmar

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-22

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Nice looking website, Preacher. I notice a few overlapping text issues. I wonder if it is because I'm viewing it with Firefox...have you noticed this?

It may be just some line breaks missing.
Back to top Go down
http://review-group.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Preacher
Two Star Member
Two Star Member

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm

I have not noticed any overlapping text anywhere. It looks clean. It could be some other glitch from something that I don't see?

Thanks for visiting.

God bless!

BTW, I gave my main website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a new facelift today. I think I like the new look better than before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Website Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Website   New Website Empty

Back to top Go down

New Website
Page 1 of 1