Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Seeking Authors on the Civil War

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Seeking Authors on the Civil War Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Here is another open call for authors. This one is looking for manuscripts on the civil war era.

LEGAL HISTORY OF THE CIVIL WAR ERA ~FROM THE MEXICAN WAR TO JIM CROW~
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks. I'll look into those. They look interesting.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 pm

I like your new avatar, Carol. And this call for submissions should be right up your alley. I think maybe Ann and Brew would have interest as well. They are the only ones I can think of off hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 pm

The photo is from a couple of weeks ago. There is a huge plane behind me, but I cut that out. I had my husband take my picture for the back of my book, if I should ever need one.

I'm going to study this website. I'm working on my presentation for Monday night on my Civil War book. My husband plays 20 songs from the Civil War on various harmonicas. We are doing this for "Monday Music in The Library."

He is playing "Dixie" three different times and we respect both sides. I read from my book, Flow On Sweet Missouri.

I think yesterday was the anniversary of the day the Civil War ended, when Lee surrendered at Appomatox.

Carol
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Completely off-topic, but I love your new pic, too, Carol! You look great in red!
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Merri,

Thanks.

Off topic, but I got good news today at the clinic. I have another appointment to go with the oncologist next Wednesday, but my primary care doctor was very pleased with my progress.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I love the red on you as well, Carol. And it's wonderful that your doctor was pleased.

Merri, did I read on another post that you had a cancer scare too? If so, I'm so glad that you're well now - or at least you seem to be.

Seeking Authors on the Civil War 67296
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Good news, Carol.

Yes, Brenda, I had lymphoma (officially, diffused large b-cell lymphoma) between my spine and right lung. I went through chemotherapy and radiation and have now been in remission since December 19, 2005 (not that I'm counting the days or anything!).

Unfortunately, the radiation hit my heart and right lung which caused fluid to build up at the top of my heart (an unusual spot for fluid to build up and a place that isn't easy to put a drain tube in) and the pleural lining of my right lung to thicken, causing me to have shortness of breath.

For a while I actually needed to be on oxygen 24/7. It was a drag, but eventually I was able to increase my exercise level and slowly but surely the fluid dissipated from around my heart. Yea! This helped with the breathing, too. I was finally able to ditch the oxygen tanks during the day, but do still need oxygen at night. I have an oxygen concentrator in my house. I never even knew such things existed!!

I have come a long way, baby! hee hee
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:28 pm

I had no idea, Merri, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank goodness you've improved. Even if you have to use oxygen at night, it sounds as if your 'can do' attitude, combined with a few miracles, has brought you a long way.

And I'm so glad you're here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Thanks, Brenda. I'm a big believer in "where there's a will, there's a way." Plus, my spiritual beliefs were a tremendous help in keeping my mind focused on the positive things and the gifts that cancer offered me, if I was willing to accept them.

I'm glad you're here, too!
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 pm

It hasn't been as much my will as that of others: their prayers, their help, their notes and cards, and my husband who never gave up. I would have had to go to a nursing home without him here to help. He believed I could get better when I didn't believe it was possible.

No one knows what the future holds. We just have to live each day as a gift. I try to do that. My gratitude is immense.

Life is amazing.

Love, Carol

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Authors on the Civil War   Seeking Authors on the Civil War Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Authors on the Civil War
Page 1 of 1