Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. Empty
PostSubject: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:56 am

At 2 a.m. Sunday morning, we are supposed to set our clocks ahead an hour. I don't know why 2 a.m. is the magic hour, but I suppose it is so everyone will wake up on the same timetable. But if I am asleep at 2, the clock will have to take care of itself.

Years ago, my first husband and I both set the clocks ahead, making a 2 hour savings. I woke on Monday morning in a panic, thinking I was late for work since the clocks were screwed up, and arrived an hour early! Went down the street for breakfast, so it wasn't a total waste! Laughing

I am much more careful now, which is funny, since I don't have to be up at a particualr time. (the cow will moo me awake if she gets hungry, and has taught her calf to do the same)
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:00 am

Zada,

That seems impossible. It is still snowing, even in the south.

One time when traveling in Indiana we got a room that had just been renovated. We were not sure where in Indiana we made the switch between Central and Eastern time. We got up at what we thought was the real time and found it was very early, but just got a good start at the day.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:07 am

The time zones can really be confusing when traveling. When flying, you spend a lot less time going west than you do going East. Doesn't seem possible, somehow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:43 am

I often wonder why they don't just stick with one time year round. If they want more daylight hours in the summer, why not have daylight saving time year round, or people could just get up an hour earlier to get more daylight. While they're at it, mayby they should get rid of time zones to and put the whole world on GMT and myaby we should go over to 24 hour clocks and forget the AM and PM business.
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks for the reminder, Zada. I'd totally forgotten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am

I'm in favor of Gordon's suggestion. This messing with clocks all the time is for the birds. All the years I was in Indiana, DST was not observed. No clocks to bother with. It did, however, create great confusion in the towns boardering Ohio. In Union City it seemed everyone living in Ohio worked in Indiana and vice versa. If you lived in Indiana and were invited to someone's house in Ohio for dinner, what time should you arrive? One year they tried to settle it by going on half-time. If it was 8'oclock in Indiana and 9 in Ohio, everyone set their clocks to 8:30. That way no one knew what time it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.   Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't forget Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.
Page 1 of 1