Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...

Go down 
+9
Dick Stodghill
Shelagh
Helen Wisocki
Charlie Moore
Phil Whitley
zadaconnaway
alice
lin
JoElle
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... Empty
PostSubject: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:06 pm

This thread is especially for Don and Dick ...

Here we can discuss the ex-husband, ex-wife, ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend.

Here we can discuss our 16 year child brides and grooms.

Here we can discuss anything but that place called Absolu..... well, THAT place.

I don't have an ex-husband.

But I have plenty of ex-boyfriends.

Does everyone here remember the names of all their ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends. I haven't thought of those guys in a long time .... mmmm???
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Amazing.
About 6 hours ago I called up my ex-wife and talked with her for the first time in many, many, many years.

Boy, did I ever blow that whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:11 pm

Forest Elf,

I am a person of such discriminaton that one man is all I have been able to deal with.

I began going with hm when I was 16 years old and married him at 19. I was but 19 days short of being 20 then, his father was in total consernation because he heard a preacher railng against divorce and citing teen-age marriages as the main cause.

We will have been married for 42 years this July and have 2 children and 2 grandchildren.

Teen-age marriages are not the cause of divorce as people are getting married later in life and still divorcing.

Last edited by Alice on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 7:27 pm

The names? You want the names? Do you have any idea what you are asking? Just a hint: I married the first time at 19 and had already been engaged quite a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 pm

I always considered you an engaging type, Zada.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:54 pm

JANIE: My first true love at 16. The night she broke up with me she
said, "I still love you - but like a brother." THAT really softened the
blow.

STEPHANIE: Janie's former ex-best friend. After spending more on her
Christmas gift than I had, she said we should both begin seeing other
people - that we needed "space".

(Several years of one night stands)

GAIL: My first wife. Turned out, after three years, that we simply had too much in common - we both liked girls.

REBA: Second and present wife. I was 34 and she was 17 when we met.
Married her three days after her 18th birthday. Still married after 31
years together!
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:05 pm

I have one ex-girlfriend who is now my very good "friend" and one wife. They are the only two women I've ever been romantic involved with. Yes, if you cut out the random sex during my service years, it is the truth.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:10 am

lin wrote:
I always considered you an engaging type, Zada.

I don't know about engaging Lin, but I was definitely fickle!
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:35 am

I have an ex-husband and enough ex-boyfriends to write another book! Hey, maybe I'll do just that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:01 am

Alice wrote:
Forest Elf,

I am a person of such discriminaton that one man is all I have been able to deal with.

I began going with hm when I was 16 years old and married him at 19. I was but 19 days short of being 20 then, his father was in total consernation because he heard a preacher railng against divorce and citing teen-age marriages as the main cause.

We will have been married for 42 years this July and have 2 children and 2 grandchildren.

Teen-age marriages are not the cause of divorce as people are getting married later in life and still divorcing.

I agree.

It is finding someone who sees you as you truly are ... and doesn't want to change you. And you seeing that person as they truly are ... and not wanting to change him/her.

I had just turned 19 and my husband had just turned 22 when we married. And we are still married ... happily ... after 26 years.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:03 am

Helen Wisocki wrote:
I have an ex-husband and enough ex-boyfriends to write another book! Hey, maybe I'll do just that!

Go for it! May as well use the experience for something positive ...

My best friend accepted a date from my boyfriend ... on my HOME PHONE!

I ended up using that experience in a scene in one of my romance novels.

(They ended up getting married ... uh, in real life. Not in the novel.)
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:08 am

Alice wrote:
Forest Elf,
I'll bet you have been more than enough for your husband as well, Alice. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:09 am

Following Alice's example in telling all, I am a person lacking even a hint of discrimination. I swore off women when I received a "Dear John" letter at a time when I was a helluva lot more interested in guys who were trying to shoot me than I was in females. That changed when they stopped shooting and I found myself in a nice little Belgian town with a small lake. The lake itself wasn't of much interest, but the huge number of Belgian girls swimming in it while wearing bikinis containing less cloth than the average handkerchief . . . well, you know how it is.
Time marched on and here I am, married now for the third time. Live and learn, or so they say, but apparently I haven't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 am

According to my husband, they threw away the mould after they'd created me.

Well, you wouldn't want another one, would you?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 am

Yah, I"d go for three or four. Just think you could moderate the PAMB, plus AW boards.

Wouldn't that be fun?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:46 am

I'm afraid to answer the questions posed on this thread. Even in my true story, I had to leave out memorable incidents. The only way it would be safe to write about old flames/situations would be to include them in a fiction novel using the disclaimer as protection.
Guess I'm chicken. Saying you have an understanding wife doesn't apply in every situation. The truth wouldn't set me free. It could kill me.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:57 am

Abe, I used the disclaimer in 'Mother's Journals ...' so I wouldn't get sued if someone decided they recognized themselves!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:12 am

Alice wrote:
Yah, I"d go for three or four. Just think you could moderate the PAMB, plus AW boards.

Wouldn't that be fun?
No. Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... 795232
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:39 am

Over the years, I've had a couple of strange experiences with the opposite sex. This is one of them.

I read the message that somebody, had written on the phone booth wall

And when I found your name and number, I decided I would call

You answered softly in a whisper, come on over if you can

The night is cold and I’m so lonely, and I really need a man.

So I hurried right on over, and I stayed the whole night through

You did all the things your message, had informed me you would do

Although you are pushing sixty, and your youth has lost its glow

I could barely see a wrinkle, you’re too plump for them to show.

I could tell you were a lady, from the way you drank your wine

Before the bottle touched your lips dear, you wiped it off most every time

I could tell your hair was phony, when it fell off in my beer

Made your head look like a cue ball, but by then I didn’t care.

As you nibbled on my neck dear, it began to feel so good

That I hardly even noticed your right leg was made of wood

Your teeth got locked up on my ear lobe, that’s how I found out they were false

But I slipped out to the kitchen, found a fork and pried ‘em off.

When you opened up the window, I almost laughed until I cried

Cause the houseflies looked so funny, as they raced to get outside.

You gave me love and understanding, and one thing I know for sure

All the other things you gave me, a penicillin shot will cure.

Girl I know you’re not a princess, and the things we’ve done aren’t right

But if you’ve got five more dollars, I’ll come back tomorrow night.

Ó 1975 harpe

Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:54 am

Now that is a classic. Don, you outdid yourself on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 am

I don't know if I have ever met Marie or not, but I will abide by her disavowal of any relationship that may or may not have resulted because of a name on a phone booth wall.

On all other such indiscretions, I take a fifth.

Errr… I take THE fifth. THE fifth, not A fifth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Dick Stodghill wrote:

Time marched on and here I am, married now for the third time. Live and learn, or so they say, but apparently I haven't.

I'm a slow learner too Dick. I've been married twice and had a smattering of boyfriends. I tend to consider that pretty good, and very social of me since I am really an introvert. I can remember each of their names too, some of them quite fondly. Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... 467431
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm

I've been married to the same man for 49 years. Some good, some bad, but mostly good. Neither of us is perfect by any means. But my husband has made up for any missteps this past year. He has done the things I could not, and helped me become well.

I met him when I was a freshman in college. In those days most of the time when a girl fell in love, she quit school and went to work to earn money to get married. Not me. I was there to get a degree.

The Marine Corps decided our wedding date of the day after Christmas 1959. After a five day honeymoon to Detroit from Chicago, Tom left for Pensacola and I went back to school. I had to get permission to live in the sorority house as a married woman! By the end of January, I had completed the requirements for a degree and flew down to Florida.

Flying was Tom's other love. We enjoy being together and have encouraged each other in individual endeavors.

I had another serious boyfriend before my husband, a male business partner, another man who was "sweet on me" (someone else's words not mine), and other male friends through the years. Those friendships were important to me, but I only had one husband.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

I must add here--I have been very lucky in love.
Some people are not--not their fault either.

My mother-in-law was married twice, both marriages failed. She gave it up andf has been single for 25 years.

My dad was married twice before my mother then they married and stayed together for over 40 years until he passed away.

My sister-in-law was a wonderful wife, my brother, a nightmare for a husband. They divorced --not her fault.

I did not mean to sound so pious I have been very fortunate to hit the jackpot the first tme around.

My husband has been a wonderful spouse, provider and father to our children--I could not have asked for better.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 pm

I have and ex daughter-in-law, two ex-son-in-laws and an ex-sister-in-law.

One came to my mother's funeral last summer. Another sent me flowers when I was in the hospital.

I am feeling so sad for my daughter and her husband right now, her second husband who I love dearly. Their dog died last week and today her husband's uncle, who was like a father to him, died after a terrible illness. My son-in-law always said he didn't worry about me, but did worry about his uncle.

I love all these people.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...   Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ex-wife, Ex-husband, Ex-boy/girlfriend, anything BUT Abso...
Page 1 of 1