Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Self-publishing

Go down 
+4
George Maciver
Malcolm
zadaconnaway
Shelagh
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Self-publishing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:56 am

Congratulations on the 4 stars, Abe. General? Oh my, I was thinking of hotels! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:15 am

Zada,
you have just proved how two people can take one word and understand it differently.
But as a General, am I permitted at your 4-star hotel? bounce
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:29 am

Most certainly, Abe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:41 am

Love the idea about the reading posters - I think you guys might be on to something!
Abe congratulations on the starryness -- look at them twinkle right up to your eyes! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
snorbrow

PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 pm

I am new to the forum and the site, but I am currently working on promoting my book.

I am doing postcards, since my book is for homeowners. I have had a lot of success selling homes using postcards. My book is on Short Sales .

I self published it. I am working with so called marketing gurus to help promote it, but I also found a helpful technique is getting a reader who has a blog to do a review of your book and post that review on their blog.

I have completed a copy of reviews and the reviews help drive traffic to my site.

I also talked with a coach today about marketing ideas. She has help me the most with this. She suggested I create a ning about the subject or passion that is related or closely related to my topic. She also suggested that I create a banner.

I am working on networking with my network of professionals to let them know about the book, and I will be sending an email to the newspaper to suggest the topic for discussion in the newspaper.
Back to top Go down
vostrovsky

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: A place where authors are king   Self-publishing - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:59 am

Thebookpatch.com was designed by an author for authors. A free site that provides an array of tools and a fast, easy and well priced printing option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-publishing   Self-publishing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-publishing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2