Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why is Everyone Outraged?

Go down 
+3
joefrank
Abe F. March
alice
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 14656442_1361996510478571_481238721128257304_n
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 2:24 pm

An undercover video produced by James O’Keeffe’s Project Veritas shows Hillary Clinton campaign operatives admitting to starting the violence that occurred back in March during a Trump rally in Chicago which lead to the event being completely shut down over security concerns.

In this explosive new video from Project Veritas Action, a Democratic dirty tricks operative unwittingly provides a dark money trail to the DNC and Clinton campaign.

The video documents violence at Trump rallies that is traced to the Clinton campaign and the DNC through a process called "bird-dogging."

Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 pm

10/19

As I've said the Left Liberals won't give in till their destroyed !
Hillary will do anything and everything to get elected.....God help the
USA........

Cheers............Joe......... Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 748523
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 am

Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 14572404_1274213836005001_5655279749712794722_n

My response:

Republicans and Women’s Rights: A Brief Reality Check
DAVID CATRON 
April 30, 2012, 10:09 am

When the Obama re-election staff began developing its general strategy for duping a majority of the electorate into once again supporting the President, they knew they needed to drive a lot of disenchanted female voters back into the Democrat herd. Thus, they concocted the fictional Republican “war on women.” 

Most educated Americans vaguely remember that the amendment granting women the right to vote was passed by Congress in 1919 and ratified by the states in 1920.

The big break for 19th Amendment came when President Wilson, a true Democrat, violated his most solemn campaign promise. Having pledged to keep the United States out of the European conflict that had been raging since 1914, he decided to enter the war anyway. This set the stage for the 1918 midterm elections in which voter outrage swept the Republicans into power in both the House and the Senate. This finally placed the GOP in a position to pass the amendment despite Democrat opposition.

During the following spring Rep. James R. Mann, a Republican from Illinois, reintroduced the 19th Amendment in the House and it finally passed by an overwhelming majority. Shortly thereafter a now Republican-controlled Senate also passed it, clearing the way for ratification by the states. By this point, President Wilson had also faced the reality that women would inevitably get the vote and abandoned his opposition. But the Democrats’ resistance was by no means dead. They did their level best to prevent the amendment from being ratified: “When the Amendment was submitted to the states, 26 of the 36 states that ratified it had Republican legislatures. Of the nine states that voted against ratification, eight were Democratic.” Many of these Democrat-controlled states refused to ratify the amendment until the 1970s.

Obviously, the Obama re-election staff is desperately hoping that most women voters don’t know this story and are counting on the “news” media and the unions that control our government education system to keep it from being told.

http://spectator.org/35608_republicans-and-womens-rights-brief-reality-check
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 1:22 pm

10/19

I was shocked when I saw on the news a group of Democratic workers were part of
a plan to get non-Americans to vote, this is sleeze at it's best ! I'm ashamed to say I'm an
American, but I'll be damned if these bastards get away with it !

Cheers...........Joe..
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 am

The title to this thread "Why is everyone outraged?"

I think the debate last night answers that question.  When a Candidate refuses to accept the results of the election, it is outrageous.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:03 am

10/20

The Democrats have their agenda " Get Hillary In," they would do anything as
it has been shown all over the media including voter fraud, so I don't blame him, if it
comes down to their is something going on I say yes bring it to the Supreme Court, but
I don't trust them either, you have four left wing liberals on it !!!!

Cheers.........Joe....... Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 748523
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:39 am

Abe F. March wrote:
The title to this thread "Why is everyone outraged?"

I think the debate last night answers that question.  When a Candidate refuses to accept the results of the election, it is outrageous.

Why? If Donald Trump commits to accepting the results now, before the election takes place, he cannot unsay it, and the press would never let him forget it. Why is he even being asked? Is it customary to ask?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:55 am

Al Gore refused to accept the results and asked for a recount in Florida. Did he openly say before the election that he would accept the results? He would have been foolish to have done so, since the recount might very well have gone in his favour.

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2016/10/20/guess-else-refused-accept-results-presidential-election/
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 11:39 am

The press has discussed the matter re. Gore and what followed.  There is no comparison.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Could you elaborate on that, please, Abe. Are candidates supposed to say that they will accept the result before the actual result is known?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Donald Trump proclaims that everything is rigged to his detriment - all news reporting, every rally, every debate, every negative said about him, etc. even when facts about specific events prove otherwise and has a history of using that language any time he has not been a "winner" - now including the Emmy awards.  Since he also proclaims himself a "winner," that helps keep that "winner" myth alive if everything he doesn't win is "rigged" against him.

Actually, I was taught to do the same when I took real estate classes.  Even if the bottom was falling out of the real estate market a "winenr" would say, "I couldn't be doing better."  Dale Carnegie sales classes of past generations taught the same.  I was also taught to "deny, deny, deny" until proven otherwise in a political lobbying class I took for supporting people and causes.  If you deny even the truth, there is a whisper of a doubt, and you are still winning. If you admit, than you lose. There is a vision of you losing.  Until that point, the vision is that of a winner who might be telling an untruth.  It's all very sophisticated teaching for the purpose of image without substance.

The U.S. democratic exchange of leaders has always been an amicable exchange.  He has been arousing his followers to believe if he doesn't win, it is "rigged" -  such that the more radical of those followers are becoming inflamed to doubt the efficacy of the democratic process. His handlers are representative of conservative publications that also promote conspiracy theories for the radical fringe population that will believe anything. This is a danger to the democratic process and has not been so threatened before. 

His behavior in this regard is a subliminal call to actual revolution if he does not win.  This is dangerous in a time when he has aroused so much division and anger to reach explosive points by feeding the subliminal and outward hatreds toward immigrants, specifically Muslims but including all non-white people in this nation and those who are different for any other reason including unattractive females.

Therefore, unlike any other time in the history of the  nation, he was asked if,he will accept the vote.  His refusal to state unequivocally that he would accept the winning candidate and couching it in conspiracy theory promotes his more radical followers to continue building their rancor "against the evil system"  and "evil establishment" of which he is a primary member.  The irony is overwhelming.

And no, no candidate has been a threat to the very system that changes leadership amicably.  Therefore, it is not common to ask.  It is his behavior, uniquely, that brought this question to the surface.  His surrogates had already proclaimed he would accept the vote but not him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 12:37 pm

I hope our exchange has been beneficial to those reading, lurking or caring about the process and the very different points of view.  I am personally exhausted with the whole business and glad that I will be early voting on Monday.  Some things women know at an intuitive, visceral level and I am one of those.  I am an educated, global experienced person whose education emphasis was public administration. My work experience and life experiences exposed me to the type of people that run for high political office - and they are a unique bunch indeed. While imperfections abound, I prefer even an imperfect candidate who does have a moral compass that will lead our nation for the good of all its citizens.  I believe that candidate is Hillary Clinton.  Donald Trump may certainly have some fine qualities and be an expert in marketing and image building, but his is not the person to serve as president of these United States.  That is my final statement here or anywhere.  I'm just exhausted by the scorched earth campaign he has waged, forcing us all to wallow in it with him.  I'm done stating the obvious and will turn my energy elsewhere.  Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion and share a few facts as well.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Thank you, DK.  I have said little.  You said it all for me.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Betty, your words are always so refreshing and honest.  I love to read your thoughts.  d
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:23 am

What Betty said.  I also think you answered the question posed by Shelagh.  Preparing to contest a result that has not yet happened is something new and reflects on the candidate.  The Al Gore scenario is a matter of public record.  I will not spend the energy to defend or prove a point already a matter of record.

My feelings about Trump have been expressed.  Any attempt to change my opinion is wasted effort.  That doesn't mean that I endorse Clinton.  I will not be coerced into voting for any candidate forced on me.  My write-in vote may be considered wasted, but it is my vote and my choice.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 1:40 am

My stand is for neither candidate, but even in the UK, the BBC is biased in favour of Hillary Clinton, which I find totally unacceptable, not because of the favoured candidate but because of the blatant political leanings of the BBC. Reporting on the third and final debate, the BBC political correspondent spoke about the buoyancy of the Clinton camp, who at that moment were on a flight celebrating their success. No doubt the Trump campaigners were doing the same thing, but there was no mention of it.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 12:48 pm

I voted already by absentee ballot as work will keep me from my home county on election day. I seriously considered not voting for president at all but in the end voted for the lesser evil in my view. No amount of washing will quite make me feel clean again. And the same would be true had I voted for either candidate--and I can't believe any rational person feeling differently given the extremely flawed choices. 

Having said all of that, I agree with Shelagh as to the substance of the above posts. No matter who wins--and the results are pretty much preordained at this point--we are in trouble. As to the question of why people are so angry, it is because this is the most polarized electorate in recent memory. Both, yes B-O-T-H candidates have intentionally demonized the opposition and made reconciliation in the short term nearly impossible. Both have behaved badly on the road to the White House and both appeal primarily to true believers. Both are unfit to lead because of their words and actions during the campaign. Both bring out the worst in each of us, not the best, and there is no excuse for either though the true believers will argue otherwise and point fingers only at one side. We have seen the enemy and it is us. People do get the government they deserve. And no amount of disinfectant or perfume will clear the stench of these campaigns long after all the votes are counted.

For the first and only time in my life I am shamed to be an American citizen. For the first time in my life I am giving serious consideration to leaving the country I love above all others when I retire and it has absolutely nothing to do with which of the two unworthies inherits the highest office in the land.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 2:04 am

Victor, your views are shared.  What action(s) to take are also being considered.  We have one life to live and it should be one that we can enjoy.  Taking steps to improve our situation is a personal choice.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

10/23

The vote has been cast ! Yes the American  Media is very biased !
                    Time for America to sit back and watch as the Communist take
                    over !! Better known as a cover for the word Liberal ! I read late
                    yesterday 1.5 Million Germans have fled Germany all because of
                    Merkel and what she did , now many are giving interviews on how
                    Germans are loosing their identities ! Soon the USA will have a
                    revolution why because Hillary's reign will be very short, she will
                    be forced out of power by the people, she will do the same dam
                    stupid thing Merkel did and the American People will not stand
                    for it....

Cheers...........Joe ....... Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 748523 Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 770134
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 10:17 am

Joe, could you please let me know where you read that report of Germans fleeing their country.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 10:35 am

Here's a link, Abe: 
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/723962/Germans-leave-Germany-Angela-Merkel-migrant-policy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info, Shelagh.  Strange that I have not read about any of this in our local news nor have I seen it on TV. 
It is no secret that many Germans are upset with the influx of migrants.  I think I mentioned that in previous posts.  Most crimes are attributed to the migrants that refuse to assimilate.  I see little difference with people who threaten to leave the US "if" Trump is elected.  It is fortunate that people have a choice.  Of course wanting to leave or move depends on their financial capability to do so and that the country of their choice will receive them.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Victor D. Lopez wrote:
I voted already by absentee ballot as work will keep me from my home county on election day. I seriously considered not voting for president at all but in the end voted for the lesser evil in my view. No amount of washing will quite make me feel clean again. And the same would be true had I voted for either candidate--and I can't believe any rational person feeling differently given the extremely flawed choices. 

Having said all of that, I agree with Shelagh as to the substance of the above posts. No matter who wins--and the results are pretty much preordained at this point--we are in trouble. As to the question of why people are so angry, it is because this is the most polarized electorate in recent memory. Both, yes B-O-T-H candidates have intentionally demonized the opposition and made reconciliation in the short term nearly impossible. Both have behaved badly on the road to the White House and both appeal primarily to true believers. Both are unfit to lead because of their words and actions during the campaign. Both bring out the worst in each of us, not the best, and there is no excuse for either though the true believers will argue otherwise and point fingers only at one side. We have seen the enemy and it is us. People do get the government they deserve. And no amount of disinfectant or perfume will clear the stench of these campaigns long after all the votes are counted.

For the first and only time in my life I am shamed to be an American citizen. For the first time in my life I am giving serious consideration to leaving the country I love above all others when I retire and it has absolutely nothing to do with which of the two unworthies inherits the highest office in the land.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 10:09 am

I was more ashamed under President Bush.  At that time I was making international trips and having general chit chat with people from other nations in airports and on airplanes. In every case, the people from other nations felt sorry for me with such a president.

As for polarization.  Polarization began with FOX and related radio and talk shows.  Period.  Before that time as my 97 year old mother said, she voted for whom she thought was the best candidates and then the card games continued among friends of different parties.  People agreed to disagree and without the venon.  Pretty much if you were union, you were Democrat.  If you were management, you were Republican.

Times have changed and everyone's employment situation is vastly different than when it was so simple.  Instant communication has made every insult into a major controversy needing an answering insult, a twitter, a meme, a talk show piece of venom to stir up the ratings.

It is not this election.  The worst filth I have every seen communicated was during the first election and second election of President Obama.  That is when the burried race cards came fully to the surface.  Right along with bigotry comes other hatreds.

I believe that any such hatred putrefies the soul.  Personally, I also feel that "Christians" have blasphemed all the teachings of Christ and ought to spell it with a small "c."  The real Christians and spiritual people are those without bigotry, without hatred, without venomous speech and vile tongues.  Christ taught inclusion, not exclusion; compassion and generosity, not greed; love not hate; and certainly did not align with a political party.  I see more of Christ's teachings at work in the Democratic platform than the Republican platform (and I read both).

I believe in change and recognize it.  People think they can pick and choose the bits and pieces from the past that work for their prejudices and reject the future they don't want.  Change doesn't work that way.  Change is an inside job.  "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me" - and the rest of the song is so fabulous as a lesson in change.  So long as we use language from the gutter and don't hear our neighbor, we will only entrench the polarization.  Our neighbors are the world today, not an "America for Americans."

If America is for Americans then the tribal federations need to arise and throw us all out to fend for ourselves in all those wonderful countries to which we will flee if our choice for president isn't the result.  Yes, countries without as many freedoms.  Countries with unbelievable taxes and socialist interventions into every life.  Countries with extreme differences in wealth and poverty - similar to our own.

No, I am proud that I live in this great experiment the U.S.A.  I am proud of the diverse ethnic and religious peoples that live here and attempt to get along in most ways.  I favor public education that should be neighborhood education for mixed neighborhoods that provide a learning environment for all peoples to learn about each other.  That is the ideal.  I know it's tarnished and gang infested and unequal - but it doesn't mean the idea is wrong.  What's wrong is our lack of investing in what it takes to right the wrongs and fix our experiment to work in the modern world.

Every day I see people slighted because they are different because I live in a white, rich, Republican area that has pockets of immigrants and people of color and different religious beliefs - but small in number.  The winter season is the worst when people who believe they are "entitled" arrive to live off the services of the area.  That's when we get to see the worst behavior.

Just north and east of me are pockets of extreme poverty, some filled with crime and drugs.  Why?  Because of generations of neglect in the schools and lack of hope.  Hope drives success more than anything.  Without hope, what is there?

Yes, I went to early voting and proudly filled out my ballot and took joy in watching it go through the counting machine - no mail in ballots for me.  I want the excitement of the poll workers and the little voting sticker and the humming machine.  I want to enjoy my privilege that was fought for with many lives through many wars by the best of our men and women that lived across this nation.  I find Donald Trump a disaster as a potential president, the naked Emperor in the Emperor's New Clothes with equally blind followers. I find Hillary Clinton extremely qualified for the presidency while still a flawed politician.  At least I have two people to choose from and an entire down ballot of choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Everyone Outraged?   Why is Everyone Outraged? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Everyone Outraged?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next