Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Broke My Foot

Go down 
+7
DMPierson
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
Victor D. Lopez
joefrank
Shelagh
alice
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Broke My Foot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:17 am

good to hear the leg is alright and better now, i should be happy because 70 and not any broken legs nor a hand just the skull
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:17 am

Harry,

How did you break you skull?  That sounds like no fun, no fun at all.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks for asking , yes , It happened in  the London's surrey dock 1963 got injured when got drunken fight with a drunken gang
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:12 am

Alice, I forgot about a broken bone in my leg that occured playing vollyball in a cow pasture, but that's another story.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:24 am

Harry, How awful.
Glad you survived.

Abe, Good thing to forget, but tell us about it/
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:56 am

You asked.

It was in 1987 when I was living in State College and my wife was attending PSU that we went to an outing.  They threw up volleyball net in a pasture and we played.  I jumped up to spike a ball and when I landed, I must have stepped into a rut and turned my ankle.  Pain was severe and it immediately began to swell.  In attendance was the coach/trainer for the PSU basketball team.  He said to go home and put some ice on it and keep it elevated.  No one suggested going to the hospital for an X-ray.  At that time I was seeking employment and selling cars at the local Toyota/BMW Car dealer.  There was no salary, just a weekly advance against commissions.  No health insurance was provided and I couldn’t afford to seek medical help.  I went daily to work and one of my colleagues reprimanded me for babying the foot/leg.  He kept saying, “No pain, no gain”.  When I could no longer stand the pain and the swelling and blueness rose above my knee, I went to the emergency room.  They said I had a fracture and showed me the X-ray where a bone splinter jabbed into the flesh every time I stood on the leg.  I was treated and a cast was applied to the leg.  I couldn’t put pressure on the leg and used crutches.  With the crutches I went to work since I needed the money-crumbs I got paid. 
That is just another example where health insurance is needed.  If I had gone earlier to the doctor there would not have been as much damage to the leg. 
Aren’t you sorry you asked?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:57 am

No, You MADE A VERY GOOD POINT . Thank you, Abe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke My Foot   Broke My Foot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke My Foot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2