Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book Empty
PostSubject: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:06 am

Lynn Brittney, author of the Christine Kringle books for children is offering a $5,000 prize of the writer of the best plot synopsis for the next book in the series. The winner's name will appear on the book. Entrants are invited to read Christine Kringle and come up with a 1-2 page synopsis for book two.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:47 am

HOLY CATS! THERE'S a reversal of the course of nomal reality.

Boy is she going to get deluged with dreck-a-rama.

Chris Kringle????? Here's my plot. A cute little girl meets a department store Santa who beleives that he really, truly is....
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:55 am

Thought I'd heard everything, but. . .
I'd hate to be the with the job of opening her mail. Here's my suggestion:
Sweet little girl goes to the corner store for her mommy. Is mugged on the way and loses the money. Runs for home crying, trips over her own feet, falls and breaks her nose. Arrives home, dress torn, shoes scuffed, and finds mommy has run off with the milkman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Actually, I went and read the rules. There are some things that will keep some from submitting (like me):

* First of all, you must have BOUGHT her PREVIOUS book and must send proof of purchase.

* Also, the plot is for the next book in the series ... so it must contain previous characters and fit ...

If I can come up with a plot ... I'll write the book myself.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Wonder whether more people will read it as an admission of creative bankruptcy or a really cheesy promo/sales stunt?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 pm

If it was something I wondered about ... but it isn't ... I think I would go with a coin toss. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book   Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book Empty

Back to top Go down

Author offers $5,000 for plot of her next book
Page 1 of 1