Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero Empty
PostSubject: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:08 pm

10/4

This video on discrimination brought tears to my eyes and to
          me the American Soldier is a hero...Watch..

http://www.upworthy.com/a-boy-makes-anti-muslim-comments-in-front-of-an-american-soldier-the-soldiers-reply-priceless?c=reccon3

Cheers...Joe

Last edited by joefrank on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Me too, Joe.  No one could have said it better or more simply.  He was just who he was expressing his personal belief and with so much hate being spread everywhere, the simple truth from a soldier is heart-warming and touched my heart.  Thank you for bringing this segment to our attention.

While fanatics in any religion are to be feared, the common person just wants the same things - friends, family, and the chance to live a quality life. 

Made me feel good to know that a soldier gets the truth even though he must fight as dictated by his country.  I hope his family and friends that saw this segment are proud of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 pm

10/4
                      DK..

I've read so many articles in the last few weeks my vision is getting
        tired, from the interviews I've read of people in Iraq, Syria they don't want any part
        of whats going on, they will tell the interviewer I want my village back, or my town
        back or I want my children safe, I want my family to have food, shelter. This is what
        hurts me deep inside they are innocent people caught up in this horrific chaos. I was
        taught coming up there's bad and good in everyone I don't care if your white, black,
        hispanic, Native american, Christian, Jew, Moslem, human beings are human beings
        strip away the color, the religion what do you have ? The same people, for once in
        my lifetime I just wish people would get this but I'm afraid they won't because their 
        always will be people who will use their own agendas for hate and all people want is
        to be left alone in peace, now that's not much to ask is it? Give Peace A Chance..

Cheers.....Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 pm

We differ on many subjects, Joe, but on this one, we are the same view.  Like you I grew up believing people were people - and I never changed.  In high school I dated a handsome boy from the college and the fact that he was black never struck me as a difference that mattered until we dated in later years once again and it was pointed out to me clearly, both by his friends and by my grandma.

In college and in California, my friends were of various backgrounds.  I worked in the Caribbean as the only white person in many cases, in Miami as the only white person in the firm (all were Cuban or S. American or Black) and my closest friend of many years is from the Caribbean Islands.  A girl who worked with me was married to a Muslim for ten years and lived in his family compound in Turkey until he died in a diving accident.  Another friend's daughter married an Iranian whose mother this day lives in the family palace in Iran.

I've traveled so much and always found the same thing - it is the family life that matters.  If we could all connect on that one theme.  But I feel it is the powerful who control the strings that keep people in wars and hatred.  Ordinary people just want a peaceful meal with their family, an education for their children and hope for the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:43 pm

10/4

DK....

BRAVO !..........Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero 950944

Love.........Joe.....................Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero 986243
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero   Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero Empty

Back to top Go down

Discrimination - Brought Tears To My Eyes Soldier Is A Hero
Page 1 of 1