Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Another Cold War?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Another Cold War? Empty
PostSubject: Another Cold War?   Another Cold War? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 pm

The rhetoric coming from Russia’s Putin is heating up.  He’s flexing his muscles stating that they are the world’s largest nuclear power and will not be pushed.  His defiance is antagonistic and daring.  I hope that no one will rise to the bait and test him to see if he’s bluffing.  It’s not worth the risk.  We can be thankful that we have a President that will use diplomacy and reason instead of rushing into war.  Putin stated what he wants and that is part of the Crimea that will give him access the sea.  The line has already been crossed that would have allowed him to back down and safe face.  Tact must be found to give him an out.
War is not a solution.  I’m not “Just Saying” I’m stating my views emphatically.  Just because the problems are “over there” doesn’t mean that we cannot be affected “over here”.   There is the crisis with ISIS to deal with.  Having powerful nations on board to stop the infiltration of ISIS on a global basis is needed and can succeed with cooperation.   It is easy to create enemies, but not so easy to create, maintain friends and diffuse conflict.
Back to top Go down

Another Cold War?
Page 1 of 1